10% CASHBACK WITH HLB CONNECT CAMPAIGN
The Hong Leong Bank Berhad (193401000023 (97141-X)) (“HLB”) “10% Cashback with HLB Connect Campaign” (“Campaign”) starts on 1 January 2021 and ends on 31 March 2021 (“Campaign Period”), inclusive of both dates unless notified otherwise.
Terms and Conditions
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to this Campaign (“T&Cs”):
1. This Campaign is open to selected HLB/Hong Leong Islamic Bank (“HLISB”) customers who:
(a) hold a Current or Savings Account/Current or Savings Account-i (“CASA/CASA-i”); and
(b) have not registered for HLB Connect Online Banking and Mobile Banking prior to the Campaign Period; and
(c) have received an invitation to participate through Short Message Service (“SMS”) and/or e-Direct Mailer (“eDM”).
(herein after referred to as “Eligible Customers”).
HLB shall not be held liable in the event of non-receipt of the SMS or eDM by Eligible Customers.
2. HLB reserves the right to disqualify any Eligible Customer who:
(a) has in the past committed, or is currently suspected of committing fraudulent, unlawful or wrongful acts in relation to any facilities granted by HLB/HLISB; and/or
(b) is facing bankruptcy proceedings, or has been declared bankrupt either before or during the Campaign Period.
3. Eligible Customers who have registered for HLB Connect Online or Mobile Banking and perform fund transfers or bill payments (“Transactions”) of any amount via HLB Connect Online or Mobile Banking during the Campaign Period are entitled to receive 10% Cashback (“Cashback”) on the Transactions performed, subject to the following conditions:
(a) Transactions that qualify for Cashback:
- Scan QR, also commonly known as DuitNow QR ;
- DuitNow (Pay to Account Number, Mobile Number or other DuitNow ID);
- Interbank GIRO; or
- JomPAY Bill Payment
(b) Cashback is capped at Ringgit Malaysia Twenty Five (RM25) per Eligible Customer per calendar month.
4. The Cashback allocation for this Campaign is limited to Ringgit Malaysia One Hundred and Fifty Thousand (RM150,000) per calendar month, and a total of Ringgit Malaysia Four Hundred and Fifty Thousand (RM450,000) throughout the Campaign Period.
5. Cashback will be awarded on a first come, first served basis, and is non-transferable to any third party and non-exchangeable for up-front credit, cheque or benefit-in-kind.
Fulfilment of Cashback
6. Eligible Customers will be notified via SMS when the Cashback is credited to their CASA/CASA-i by 21 April 2021.
7. Eligible Customers must maintain an active and valid CASA/CASA-i until 21 April 2021, failing which the Cashback shall be forfeited.
8. It is the obligation of Eligible Customers to contact HLB regarding non-receipt of the Cashback before 15 May 2021, failing which the Eligible Customers are deemed to have received the Cashback and any claim for reimbursement will not be processed.
9. By participating in this Campaign, Eligible Customers agree:
(a) that they have read, understood and are bound by the T&Cs herein;
(b) that all records of the fulfilment of the requirements in Clause 3 captured by HLB’s system within the Campaign Period shall be accurate and final;
(c) that HLB’s decisions on all matters regarding the Campaign shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Customers;
(d) to consent to HLB/HLISB to disclose their mobile number to M3 Technologies (Asia) Berhad (199901007872 (482772-D)), the vendor appointed by HLB to provide SMS services for this Campaign;
(e) to be responsible for providing HLB/HLISB with their valid and current contact details including mobile number and email address, and promptly notifying HLB/HLISB in the event of changes;
(f) to access the Campaign website at www.hlb.com.my/connect10 (“Campaign Website”) at regular intervals to view the T&Cs of the Campaign and to ensure that they keep up-to-date with any changes or variations to the T&Cs; and
(g) to be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in this Campaign.
10. HLB reserves the right:
(a) with prior notice to the Customers, to add, delete, suspend or amend the T&Cs listed here, either fully or partially, or to terminate the Campaign, by posting on the Campaign Website; and
(b) to forfeit the Cashback in the event of non-compliance by the Eligible Customers of the T&Cs herein, the Terms and Conditions for the use of HLB Connect, the General Terms and Conditions of Accounts and all other laws/ rules applicable.
11. In addition to the T&Cs stipulated above, Eligible Customers agree that the Terms and Conditions for the use of HLB Connect and the General Terms and Conditions of Accounts shall be read together with these T&Cs as an entire agreement. In the event of any discrepancies between T&Cs herein, the Terms and Conditions for the use of HLB Connect and the General Terms and Conditions of Accounts, the specific T&Cs herein shall prevail.
12. In the event of any discrepancies between the T&Cs listed here and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with this Campaign, the final T&Cs on the Campaign Website shall prevail.
13. These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and Eligible Customers agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
14. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.
Version 1.0 as of 1 January 2021