“Hong Leong Connect App International Coffee Day Campaign” (“Campaign”) is organised by Hong Leong Bank Berhad (“HLB”) and Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad (“HLISB”) (collectively, “the Bank”) which commences from 28 September 2017 00:00:00 (12:00am) to 08 October 2017 at 23:59:59 (11:59PM) (“Campaign Period”), both dates are inclusive unless otherwise notified.
Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”)
1. This Campaign is open to all existing registered users of Hong Leong Connect Internet Banking and/or Connect App (“Connect Users”) with an active Hong Leong Current or Savings account/ Current account-i or Savings account-i (“CASA/ CASA-i”) (Hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Campaign Participants”). The Eligible Campaign Participants’ CASA/CASA-i must remain active and valid throughout the Campaign Period and until 30 November 2017.
2. To participate in this Campaign, the Eligible Campaign Participants must, during the Campaign Period, perform the following:
a) Download “Hong Leong Connect Malaysia” (“Connect App”) from Google PlayStore or AppStore, and
b) Launch Connect App, and log in by using existing Connect Username and Password.
3. Each Eligible Campaign Participant only needs to successfully log in once to the Connect App to enter the Campaign during the Campaign Period.
4. Eligible Campaign Participants are advised to check the compatibility of the operating system of their respective devices with the Connect App. For optimal experience, Eligible Campaign Participants are advised to register their mobile devices which support Android 4.1.2 and above or iOS 8 and above and the Bank shall not be responsible in the event that the Eligible Campaign Participants’ devices are unable to support the Connect App for any reasons whatsoever.
5. Prizes for the Campaign are as per table below.
No. of Winners
RM20 Starbucks Card
6. Each Eligible Campaign Participant is allowed to win one (1) RM20 Starbucks Card (“Prize”) throughout the Campaign Period (“Winners”). Prize is not transferable nor exchangeable and will only be given to Winners as verified by the Bank. Winners are responsible to read, understand and agree on the relevant T&Cs governing the Prize. In the event the Prize is not available, the Bank will replace it with another prize of the same value with prior notice to the Eligible Campaign Participants.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize is subject to terms and conditions imposed by Starbucks and the Bank gives no representation or warranty with respect to the quality or suitability of the Prize (including but not limited to the validity and/or usage of the Prize) and shall not be responsible to replace any lost, stolen or damaged Prize. The Winners shall deal directly with the Starbucks for any queries, disputes or claims pertaining to the Prize without recourse to the Bank.
Selection of Winners
8. All shortlisted participants shall be randomly selected by the Bank’s randomiser programme from the group of Eligible Campaign Participants (“Shortlisted Participants”).
9. For the avoidance of doubt, the Shortlisted Participants are required to answer one (1) question correctly in order to win the Prize. Shortlisted Participants will be contacted by the fulfilment agent engaged by the Bank, Dynamic Search Sdn. Bhd. (136574-V) (‘’Dynamic Search’’) at the Shortlisted Participants’ latest mobile number(s) in the Bank’s record to answer the question, and it is essentially the obligation of the Eligible Campaign Participants to ensure that they register the accurate and latest mobile number(s) with the Bank and the Bank and/or Dynamic Search shall not be held responsible / liable for the inaccurate / outdated mobile number(s) provided by the Eligible Campaign Participants or in the event that the Bank and/or Dynamic Search is unable to contact the Shortlisted Participants for any reasons whatsoever.
10. A maximum of two (2) attempts will be made by Dynamic Search to contact the Shortlisted Participants from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) between 10:00am to 6:00pm. Dynamic Search’s records of attempted calls to the Shortlisted Participants shall be conclusive on the matter. In the event that Dynamic Search is unable to contact the Shortlisted Participant after two (2) attempts, he/she shall be disqualified and shall not stand a chance to win the Prize.
11. The Winners shall be notified by the Bank by short message services (“SMS”) or in any other manner which the Bank deems practical (“Prize Notification”) on a best effort basis at the mobile number provided by the Eligible Campaign Participants as captured by and reflected in the Bank’s system and/or records and it is the duty/obligation of the Eligible Campaign Participants to ensure that the mobile number provided are accurate. The SMS service provider for this Campaign is M3 Technologies (Asia) Berhad (“M3Tech”).
12. The Prize will be mailed to the Winners within eight (8) weeks after the end of the Campaign Period (“Prize Delivery Period”). Winners have to ensure that the mailing address for their CASA/CASA-i is up-to-date, as when the mailing of Prize fails, the Prize shall be forfeited at the Bank’s absolute discretion.
13. It is essentially the obligations of the Winner to inform the Bank in writing, in the event of non-receipt of the Prize within sixty (60) days after the end of the Prize Delivery Period, failing which the Winner is deemed to have received the Prize and any appeal or request for the reimbursement of the Prize shall not be entertained by the Bank.
14. By participating in this Campaign, the Eligible Campaign Participants:
a. confirm that they have read, understood and agree to the T&Cs herein;
b. agree that Bank’s decision on all matters relating to the Campaign (i.e. Hong Leong Connect App International Coffee Day Campaign) shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Eligible Campaign Participants (including but not limited to the selection of Winners) and no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute Bank’s decision shall be entertained;
c. consent to and authorise the Bank to disclose their personal data i.e. contact numbers to the service provider (i.e. Dynamic Search and M3 Tech) as the Bank deems fit for the purpose of this Campaign;
d. agree that the results of the Winners for Campaign as recorded by the Bank are final, conclusive and binding on the Eligible Campaign Participants;
e. agree that the Prizes are not transferable to a third party, cannot be exchanged into credits, cheque or in kinds;
f. agree to be bound by the terms and conditions governing the use of the Prize set out by Starbucks; and
g. agree to access www.hlb.com.my (“HLB Website”) and/or www.hlisb.com.my (“HLISB Website”) at regular intervals to view and stay updated on any changes or variations to the T&Cs of this campaign.
15. The Bank reserves the right to:
a. add, delete or amend the T&Cs herein, wholly or in part, or to suspend or terminate this Campaign at its absolute discretion, giving prior notice to the Eligible Campaign Participants by way of sending SMS, on such addition, deletion or amendment of the said T&Cs or suspension or termination of this Campaign,
b. forfeit the Prize in the event that there is non-compliance with the T&Cs herein; and disqualify any Eligible Campaign Participants from participating in this Campaign and/or from receiving the Prize,
c. forfeit the Prize and disqualify any Eligible Campaign Participants from participating in this Campaign and/or from receiving the Prize in the event of the occurrence of the following events:
(i) the Connect Account of the Eligible Campaign Participant have become dormant, locked, blocked, suspended or inactive during the Campaign Period,
(ii) the Eligible Campaign Participants have committed or are suspected of committing any fraudulent, unlawful or wrongful acts in relation to any of the facilities granted by the Bank or have been declared bankrupt (pursuant to a petition by either banks or by any third party) or are subject to any bankruptcy proceedings at any time during the Campaign Period.
16. The T&Cs herein are to be read together with the Terms and Conditions for Connect and the General Terms and Conditions of Accounts as an entire agreement. In the event of discrepancy, the T&Cs herein shall prevail to the extent of such discrepancy.
17. The T&Cs herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Eligible Campaign Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
18. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.