1. Who is eligible to apply for this offer?
All Malaysian citizens, earning at least RM2,000 per month, aged between twenty (21) to sixty (60) years old, whose monthly basic salary is credited to Hong Leong Bank’s savings or current account/-i and submit their application via Hong Leong Connect.
2. What are the documents required for me to apply for HLB Mini Loan/HLISB Mini Financing-i?
For applications via Hong Leong Connect, no documents are required.
3. After applying, what can I expect?
For applications received via Hong Leong Connect, you will immediately receive an SMS and email upon submission of application. You will then receive another SMS and email within forty eight (48) hours updating you on the status of your application.
4. How do I settle my loan/financing within 20 days and how do I pay for my monthly instalments?
We have made it easy for you to settle your loan/financing-i within twenty (20) days.
Log in to your internet banking on Hong Leong Connect and click on “Settle Now” to arrange a transfer from your Hong Leong current or savings account/-i to settle your loan/financing.
As for monthly instalment, you can pay via internet banking/IBG GIRO or Instant Transfer or transfers via any Hong Leong ATM.
5. If I have taken a personal loan/financing under this campaign once, can I do it again?
Yes, you may apply for it again during the campaign period as long as you have fully settled the earlier personal loan/financing-i under this same campaign. Your new application will however be subject to fresh credit checks to determine your eligibility for the loan/financing-i.
6. Are there any interest(s)/profit or fee(s) associated with the personal loan/financing-i taken under this campaign?
There is no interest/profit charged should you settle the loan/financing-i within twenty (20) days from the disbursement date. However, if you do not settle within twenty (20) days, a 12.50% p.a interest /profit rate shall be applicable to the Personal Loan/Financing-i for the full loan/financing-i tenure. Stamp duties of 0.5% of the approved loan/financing-i amount and Convenient Fee of RM75.00 will be deducted from the loan/financing-i amount upfront prior to disbursement. Late fees/Compensation charges of 1% p.a. on the overdue amount applies. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Sheet for further details.
7. What happens if I do not settle the Personal Loan/Financing-i within the 20 days 0% p.a. interest/profit period?
You are required to pay the monthly instalment amount throughout the full loan/financing-i tenure which you have selected during application.
8. I have exceeded the 20 days 0% p.a. interest/profit period but would like to settle my loan/financing-i before the end of my loan/financing-i tenure. How may I do this?
You may still choose to settle the loan/financing-i early (before loan/financing-i maturity) by visiting any of our Hong Leong/Hong Leong Islamic Branches. You would be required to give three (3) months’ prior written notice to the Bank, or payment of three (3) months’ interest/profit on the amount redeemed, in lieu of notice. (Kindly note that for Personal Financing-i, payment of three (3) months’ profit on the amount redeemed in lieu of notice is not applicable). A rebate for early settlement on the remaining interest/profit to be charged will be granted to the Borrower/Customer over the unexpired period commencing after the three (3) months’ notice period.
9. Will there be credit checks when I participate in this campaign?
Yes, we perform credit checks to determine your eligibility for personal loan/financing-i.
10. Why was my application not approved?
While we strive to offer all creditworthy applicants personal loan/financing-i, we are simply not able to approve every loan/financing-i application. If we are not able to approve your personal loan/financing-i application, we will immediately notify you of our decision.