Sign Up Hong Leong Connect Mobile Banking App and Stand To Win RM500
The “Sign Up Hong Leong Connect Mobile Banking App and Stand To Win RM500” (“Campaign”) is organised by Hong Leong Bank Berhad (“HLB”) and Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad (“HLISB”) (collectively, “the Bank”) which commences from 31 January 2019 00:00:00 (12:00AM) and ends on 28 February 2019 at 23:59:59 (11:59PM) (“Campaign Period”), both dates are inclusive unless otherwise notified.
Terms and Conditions
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to the Campaign (“T&Cs”):-
1. This Campaign is open to all HLB / HLISB Customers with an active Hong Leong Current Account or Savings Account / Current Account-i or Savings Account-i (“CASA / CASA-i”) as defined below:
a) newly registered to Hong Leong Connect Online Banking and Hong Leong Connect Mobile Banking (“Connect”); and
b) log in for the first time to Hong Leong Connect Mobile Banking (“Connect App”) during the campaign Period.
2. HLB / HLISB Customers who fulfil the above criteria shall be eligible to participate in this Campaign (“Eligible Campaign Participant”). For the avoidance of doubt, Customers who are new to Connect but who have failed to log in to Connect App for the first time during the Campaign Period are not eligible.
3. Eligible Campaign Participant shall exclude employees of the Bank permanent or on contractual basis.
4. To participate in this Campaign, the Eligible Campaign Participant must perform the following:
a) Download Hong Leong Connect Mobile Banking (“Connect App”) from the Google PlayStore or Apple AppStore; and
b) Launch the Connect App, and sign up for Connect; and
c) Log in to the Connect App with the Username and Password selected during the sign up process.
5. Each Eligible Campaign Participant only needs to successfully log in once to the Connect App to participate in the Campaign.
6. Eligible Campaign Participant are advised to check the compatibility of the operating system of their respective devices with the Connect App. For optimal experience, Eligible Campaign Participant are advised to register their mobile devices which support Android 4.1.2 and above or iOS 8 and above and the Bank shall not be responsible in the event that the Eligible Campaign Participant’ devices are unable to support the Connect App.
7. Prizes for the Campaign are as per table below.
Total No. of Winners
Cash Prize Per Winner
Total Cash Prize Available to Win
8. Each Eligible Campaign Participant is allowed to win a maximum of one (1) RM500 Cash (“Cash Prize”) throughout the Campaign Period (“Winners”). Cash Prize is not transferable nor exchangeable and will only be given to Winners as verified by the Bank.
Winners Selection and Fulfilment
9. After the end of the Campaign, twenty (20) Eligible Campaign Participants will be shortlisted based on a computerized random selection system. The shortlisted Eligible Campaign Participants (“Shortlisted Participants”) will then be contacted by HLB’s appointed contest management vendor, Dynamic Search Sdn. Bhd. (136574-V) (“Dynamic Search”) on a best effort basis via the latest telephone number(s) furnished by the Shortlisted Participants for a Question and Answer session (“Q&A”).
10. If any of the 20 Shortlisted Participants fail to correctly answer the two (2) questions, the corresponding number of Shortlisted Participants who failed the Q&A will be further randomly selected in order to meet the requirement of 20 total winners.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, Shortlisted Participants will not be notified on-the-spot. The Shortlisted Participants are required to ensure that they register the accurate and latest mobile number(s) with the Bank and the Bank and/or Dynamic Search shall not be held responsible / liable for the inaccurate / outdated mobile number(s) provided by the Eligible Campaign Participant or in the event that the Bank and/or Dynamic Search is unable to contact the Shortlisted Participants for any reasons whatsoever.
12. A maximum of two (2) attempts will be made by Dynamic Search to contact the Shortlisted Participants at any time from 4 March 2019 to 25 April 2019, Monday to Friday between 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
13. In the event that Dynamic Search is unable to contact the Shortlisted Participants after two (2) attempts, the Shortlisted Participants shall be disqualified from the Campaign and lose the chance to win the Cash Prize, Dynamic Seach shall allocate cash prizes to the next Shortlisted Participants.
14. The Winners must be the Bank’s customers. They shall be notified by the Bank by short message services (“SMS”) or in any other manner which the Bank deems practical (“Cash Prize Notification”) on a best effort basis at the mobile number provided by the Eligible Campaign Participant as captured by and reflected in the Bank’s system and/or records and it is the duty/obligation of the Eligible Campaign Participant to ensure that the mobile number provided are accurate.
15. The Cash Prize will be credited into the CASA/CASA-i maintained by the Winners with the Bank as determined by the Bank, within eight (8) weeks after the end of the Campaign Period (“Cash Prize Payment Period”). The Cash Prize Winners’ CASA/CASA-i must remain active and valid throughout the Campaign Period and until 25 April 2019, failing which, the Cash Prize shall be forfeited at the Bank’s absolute discretion.
16. It is essentially the obligations of the Winner to inform the Bank in the event of non receipt of the Cash Prize within 60 days after the end of the Cash Prize Payment Period, failing which the Winner is deemed to have received the Cash Prize and any appeal or request for the reimbursement of the Cash Prize shall not be entertained by the Bank.
17. By participating in this Campaign, the Eligible Campaign Participant:
a. confirm that they have read the T&Cs herein and agree to be bound by the same;
b. agree that Bank’s decision on all matters relating to the Campaign (i.e Sign Up Hong Leong Connect Mobile Baking App and Stand To Win RM500) shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Eligible Campaign Participant and no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute Bank’s decision shall be entertained;
c. consent to and authorise the Bank to disclose their personal data i.e. name, contact numbers and email to the service provider (i.e. Dynamic Search) as the Bank deems fit for the purpose of this Campaign;
d. agree that the results of the Cash Prize for Campaign as recorded by the Bank are final, conclusive and binding on the Eligible Campaign Participant and,
e. agree that the Cash Prize are not transferable to a third party, cannot be exchanged into credits, cheque or in kinds.
18. The Bank reserves the right to:
a. add, delete or amend the T&Cs herein, wholly or in part, or to suspend or terminate this Campaign at its absolute discretion, giving prior notice to the Eligible Campaign Participant by way of sending SMS, on such addition, deletion or amendment of the said T&Cs or suspension or termination of this Campaign,
b. forfeit the Cash Prize in the event that there is non-compliance with the T&Cs herein; and disqualify any Eligible Campaign Participant from participating in this Campaign and/or from receiving the Cash Prize,
c. forfeit the Cash Prize and disqualify any Eligible Campaign Participant from participating in this Campaign and/or from receiving the Cash Prize in the event of the occurance of the following events:
(i) the Connect Account of the Eligible Campaign Participant have become dormant, locked, blocked, suspended or inactive during the Campaign Period,
(ii) the Eligible Campaign Participant have committed or are suspected of committing any fraudulent, unlawful or wrongful acts in relation to any of the facilities granted by the Bank or have been declared bankrupt (pursuant to a petition by either banks or by any third party) or are subject to any bankruptcy proceedings at any time during the Campaign Period.
19. The T&Cs herein are to be read together with the Terms and Conditions for Connect and the General Terms and Conditions of Accounts as an entire agreement. In the event of discrepancy, the T&Cs herein shall prevail to the extent of such discrepancy.
20. The T&Cs herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Eligible Campaign Participant agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
21. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.
Deposit/Deposit-i Products are eligible for protection by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (“PIDM”)