Kuala Lumpur, 9 February 2018
Cardholders would not be liable for card-present unauthorised transactions which require PIN verification or signature verification or the use of a contactless card, provided always that the Cardholders have not:
- acted fraudulently;
- delayed in notifying the Bank as soon as reasonably practicable after having discovered the loss or unauthorised use of the credit card;
- voluntarily disclosed the PIN to another person;
- recorded the PIN on the credit card or on anything kept in close proximity with the credit card, and could be lost or stolen with the card;
- left the credit card or an item containing the card unattended, in places visible and accessible to others, except at the cardholder’s place of residence. However, cardholders are expected to exercise due care in safeguarding the credit card even at cardholder’s place of residence; or
- voluntarily allowed another person to use the credit card.