Forum designed to help investors make informed decisions
On 14 April 2007, Hong Leong Bank (HLB) hosted Hong Leong Investment Focus 2007, the first in a series of annual forums with the objective of keepinginvestors informed and updated on potential market opportunities in the investment market.
Held at the Securities Commission, Kuala Lumpur, this forum gathered experts from various investment fields providing them a platform to share withinvestors their experience, knowledge and expertise in their respective industry-specializations.
"We hope that at the end of this seminar, you will gain valuable insights into the latest strategies and be better positioned to take advantage of the manyinvesting opportunities available today," said Ms Yvonne Chia, Group Managing Director, HLB, in her welcome address.
Traditionally, investments in Malaysia, have always been centered around deposits, share markets and properties. Today, investors are exposed to far moreinvestment instruments. Consumers have the choice to diversify into structured derivatives, unit trusts, structured deposits, investment-linked productsand many, many other products.
"With Bank Negara Malaysia having recently announced further liberalization of the markets we believe that the number of investment products on offer willdefinitely be increasing even more. Products focus on many different things - perhaps on countries, industries or themes - and for many, it is difficult tobe 100% certain on which, or where, to invest in, " added Ms Chia.
HLB's goal in running such a forum is to provide customers with: -
- Timely Information
- Professional Advice
HLB aims to provide continuous education for its clients to help them discern and invest with current knowledge, being aware of the risks they areundertaking.
The panel of experts shared their expert opinion on topics like the Global Real Estate Investment trust, and the local and regional equity markets. Theyalso covered various investment themes which are in vogue today (i.e. Luxury markets as well as Islamic Market)
The speakers comprised
· Mr Raymond Tang (Chief Investment Officer, CIMB-Principal Asset Management Berhad)
· Mr David Ng (Chief Investment Officer, Hwang-DBS Investment Management Berhad)
· Mr Jason Chong (Chief Investment Officer, OSK-UOB Unit Trust Management Berhad)
· Ms Lynn Cheah (Chief Investment Officer, Prudential Fund Management Berhad)
· Mr Ernest Yeo (Chief Marketing Officer (South East Asia), SG Asset Management (Singapore) Ltd.)
· Datin Maznah Mahbob (Chief Executive Officer [Funds Management] AIGB Group)
· Mr Chris Reilly (Director of Property, Asia Henderson Global Investors)
· Mr Peter Chong (Associate Director, Pheim Asset Management Sdn Bhd)
Press Release - 14/04/2007