Make contactless payments with Google Pay
For up to 3 consecutive transactions below RM250,
you can proceed to tap and pay without having to unlock your phone!
Download the app now
Google Pay and Google Wallet are trademarks of Google LLC.
Frequently Asked Question
1. What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a fast, simple way to make contactless payments. Add your Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card to Google Wallet for secure access no matter where you go.
2. Which devices support Google Pay?
Google Pay works on any Android TM devices running Android Lollipop 5.0 or higher. For in-store payments, the devices will need to have Near Field Communication (NFC) capabilities.
3. Which Hong Leong Bank Card is eligible for Google Pay?
All Debit or Credit Cards issued by Hong Leong Bank Berhad (HLB) and Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad (HLISB) are eligible for use on Google Pay.
4. How can I add my Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card to Google Wallet?
(a) Launch the Google Wallet or download it from Google Play.
(b) Tap ‘Add to Wallet’ and follow the step by step instructions given.
(c) Complete verification of your card and you’re all set!
To complete the card verification, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number with us. Please notify us immediately if there is any change on your mobile number.
5. How can I set my Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card as the default card in Google Wallet?
In the Google Wallet, select the Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card that you wish to set as the default card and enable it as default for contactless.
6. When I add my Hong Leong Credit Card on Google Wallet, does it include both my primary and supplementary cards?
No, primary and supplementary cards need to be added separately.
7. For Google Pay, can I add the same Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card to more than one (1) Android device?
No. For Google Pay, the same Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card can only be added to one (1) Android device.
8. Can I add a Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card that has been blocked, frozen or yet to be fully activated to Google Wallet?
No, you will not be able to add your HLB card if it has been blocked, frozen, or yet to be fully activated to Google Wallet.
9. Where can I use Google Pay?
You can use Google Pay anywhere contactless payments are accepted, when you see Google Pay logo or contactless symbol during checkout.
10. How do I pay with Google Pay?
When you’re ready to pay, unlock your phone, hold it near the card reader and look for the check mark upon successful payment. Please ensure you have enabled the NFC settings on your Android device and have selected Google Pay as default payment service on your device in order to make contactless transactions with Google Pay
You will not be required to unlock your phone for three (3) consecutive transactions for amounts below RM250. For the 4th transaction, you will be prompted to unlock your phone to proceed.
11. Why do I see a blue check mark on my Android device when the terminal in the shop says the payment has been declined?
The blue check mark means the Android device has passed the payment details to the terminal. Payment declined could be due to a decline by the association or the bank.
12. Is PIN verification required for Google Pay Transactions?
PIN verification is only required for contactless transactions above RM250.
13. Are there any transaction limits for Google Pay?
HLB cards added to Google Pay have the security controls as per current contactless transactions.
a. For HLB Debit Cards, the daily cumulative limit for contactless transactions without PIN verification is capped at RM800.
b. For HLB Credit Cards, the daily cumulative limit for contactless transactions without PIN verification is capped at RM2,000.
Any contactless transaction (including Google Pay) that exceeds the daily cumulative limit for contactless transactions without PIN verification will be declined. The daily cumulative limit for contactless transactions without PIN verification resets on a daily basis or whenever you perform a PIN-verified transaction at a POS terminal.
14. Can I add my Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card to Google Wallet if I disabled the Secure Screen Lock on my Android device?
No, you must set up the Secured Screen Lock via PIN, Pattern, Password, Fingerprint or Facial Recognition in order to add your Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card into Google Wallet.
15. Can I perform Google Pay transactions via my Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card if I disabled the Secure Screen Lock on my Android device?
No, you must set up the Secured Screen Lock via PIN, Pattern, Password, Fingerprint or Facial Recognition in order to perform Google Pay transactions.
16. Can I call Hong Leong Contact Centre (HLCC) at 03-7626 8899 to add or remove my Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card from my Google Wallet?
HLCC will only be able to assist you in removing your Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card that has been added to your Google Wallet. HLCC will not be able to add a Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card on your behalf.
17. How do I remove my Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card from Google Wallet?
You can remove your Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card from Google Wallet or alternatively, you could also contact our HLCC at 03-7626 8899 to remove your Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card that has been added to your Google Wallet.
18. What should I do if my device is lost or stolen?
You should contact HLCC at 03-7626 8899 immediately to remove your Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card that has been added to your Google Wallet.
19. Does Google have access to my Hong Leong accounts?
No, Google does not have access to your Hong Leong accounts.
20. Do you have any security tips regarding Google Pay?
Your Google Pay phone is as good as your physical Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card so it is important to stay vigilant!
a. Do not share or allow others to access your phone
b. Do not disclose your HLB card details to anyone
c. Closely monitor transaction alerts received from HLB
d. Contact HLCC at 03-7626 8899 immediately if your physical card or your phone has been compromised.
21. How can I keep track of purchases I have made with Google Pay?
You can view transactions made with your Hong Leong Debit or Credit Card via Google Pay on HLB Connect Online Banking, HLB Connect App or your available monthly statements.
22. Will I receive any notifications for Google Pay transactions performed in-store?
You will receive notifications for Google Pay transactions below RM250 (not PIN verified) either via in-app notifications for HLB Connect App users or SMS notification for non-HLB Connect App users.
23. What if my Hong Leong Credit Card is renewed close to expiration, or reissued due to reported damage?
You do not need to add to Google Wallet again if your physical Hong Leong Credit Card was renewed or replaced with the same 16-digit card number. You just need to activate the card once you have received the physical card and you will be able to use it for Google Pay.
Kindly note that this is not applicable to card replacements as a result of reported fraud, loss or theft. You will be required to add the new replacement card to Google Wallet again as the 16-digit card number will be different.