8. The maximum deposit amount per transaction via FPX transfer is Ringgit Malaysia Thirty Thousand (RM30,000) or subject to such prescribed maximum amount / limit of transfer in the Customer’s individual internet banking maintained with the relevant bank, whichever is lower.
9. Processing of placements of eFD / eFD-i may take up to 2 working days and in such event, the effective date of the placement of eFD / eFD-i shall commence after successful completion of the process and both HLB and HLISB shall not be responsible for such delay (if any).
10. The Promotional eFD / eFD-i Rates are available to Eligible Customers for placements made through Hong Leong Connect Internet Banking between 6.00 a.m. and 11.59 p.m., seven (7) days a week, or during such hours as stipulated by HLB / HLISB at Hong Leong Connect.
11. The Eligible Customers are required to nominate a CASA / CASA-i Account maintained with HLB / HLISB under the individual name of the Eligible Customers (“Nominated CASA / CASA-i”) for the purpose of crediting the interest / profit earned under this Promotion. The interest / profit earned will be credited into the Eligible Customers’ Nominated CASA / CASA-i on a monthly basis.
12. Upon maturity, the principal eFD / eFD-i Amount shall be auto-renewed at the prevailing eFD / eFD-i board rates respectively.
13. In the event the eFD / eFD-i Amount is uplifted prior to maturity of the eFD / eFD-i Tenure, Section E(v) of the Association of Banks in Malaysia (“ABM”) rules (for eFD) / Section 2.15 of the Terms and Conditions for Hong Leong Fixed Deposit-i (for eFD-i) shall apply:
(a) No interest / profit is to be paid on any eFD / eFD-i Amount uplifted before the completion of three (3) months.
(b) In the event the eFD / eFD-i is uplifted in the fourth (4th) month onwards, the Eligible Customer will receive interest / profit earned equivalent to 50% of the contracted eFD / eFD-i Amount only for the completed months.
HLB / HLISB reserves the right to claw back and deduct an amount equivalent to the interest / profit paid to the Eligible Customers in respect of the eFD / eFD-i Amount which is prematurely withdrawn, from the principal eFD / eFD-i Amount upon withdrawal.
HLISB Customer(s) shall be deemed to have agreed to waive his / her right to claim the full selling price for any withdrawal of the eFD-i before the maturity date.
14. Partial withdrawal of eFD / eFD-i Amount is not allowed.
15. eFD / eFD-i Amount shall NOT be used as collateral for the purpose of securing any credit facility obtained or to be obtained by the Eligible Customers.
16. By participating in the Promotion, the Customers agree:
(a) To have read, understood and to be bound by the T&Cs herein;
(b) that HLB’s / HLISB’s decision on all matters relating to the Promotion shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Customers and no further correspondence and / or appeal to dispute HLB’s / HLISB’s decision shall be entertained;
(c) to access HLB’s website at www.hlb.com.my (“HLB Website”) / HLISB’s website at www.hlisb.com.my (“HLISB’s Website”) at regular time intervals to view the T&Cs of the Promotion and ensure to be kept up-to-date on any changes or variations to the T&Cs;
(d) to be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in the Promotion.
17. HLB / HLISB reserves the right:
(a) To add, delete, suspend or vary the T&Cs contained herein, either wholly or in part, at HLB’s / HLISB’s discretion by way of posting on HLB’s Website / HLISB’s Website, or in any manner deemed suitable by HLB / HLISB, at any time with prior notice;
(b) to disqualify any Customers for any reason whatsoever as HLB / HLISB may in its absolute discretion deem fit to participate in the Promotion without assigning any reason thereof.
18. The T&Cs herein, General Terms and Conditions of Accounts and e-Fixed Deposit/-i Terms and Conditions of Accounts shall be read as an entire agreement. In the event of any discrepancies, the specific T&Cs herein shall prevail to the extent of such discrepancy.
19. In the event of any discrepancies between the T&Cs herein and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Promotion, the final T&Cs on HLB’s / HLISB’s Website shall prevail.
20. The T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Customers agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
Fixed Deposit / Fixed Deposit-i is eligible for protection by PIDM.