1. Who is eligible to apply for this offer?
All Malaysian citizens, earning at least RM2,000 per month, aged between 21 to 60 years old, who is a primary credit cardholder(s) of any banks’ credit card(s) and do not hold any existing Hong Leong Personal Loan/Financing-i products.
2. What are the documents required for me to apply for HLB Mini Loan/HLISB Mini Financing-i?
We will require your MyKad for application.
3. Where can I apply for this?
You may apply for this facility at selected Hong Leong branches. Kindly refer to the “Branch Listing” attachment below for a complete list of available branches. Alternatively, click on “Visit Nearest Branch” above to find an available branch closest to your preferred location.
4. How do I settle my loan/financing within 20 days and how do I pay for my monthly instalments?
We have made it easy for you to settle your loan/financing-i within twenty (20) days.
Log in to your internet banking on Hong Leong Connect and click on “Settle Now” to arrange a transfer from your Hong Leong current or savings account/-i to settle your loan/financing.
As for monthly instalment, you can pay via internet banking/IBG GIRO or Instant Transfer or transfers via any Hong Leong ATM.
5. If I have taken a personal loan/financing under this campaign once, can I do it again?
Yes, you may apply for it again during the campaign period as long as you have fully settled the earlier personal loan/financing-i under this same campaign. Your new application will however be subject to fresh credit checks to determine your eligibility for the loan/financing-i.
6. Are there any interest(s)/profit or fee(s) associated with the personal loan/financing-i taken under this campaign?
There is no interest/profit charged should you settle the loan/financing-i within twenty (20) days from the disbursement date. However, if you do not settle within twenty (20) days, a 7.00% p.a interest /profit rate shall be applicable to the Personal Loan/Financing-i for the full loan/financing-i tenure which you have selected at the time of application. Stamp duties of 0.50% of the approved loan/financing-i amount and Convenient Fee of RM75.00 will be deducted from the loan/financing-i amount upfront prior to disbursement. Late fees/Compensation charges of 1% p.a. on the overdue amount applies. Please refer to the Personal Loan Product Disclosure Sheet here or Personal Financing-i Product Disclosure Sheet here for further details.
7. What happens if I do not settle the Personal Loan/Financing-i within the 20 days 0% p.a. interest/profit period?
You are required to pay the monthly instalment amount throughout the loan/financing-i tenure which you have selected.
8. I have exceeded the 20 days 0% p.a. interest/profit period but would like to settle my loan/financing-i before the end of my loan/financing-i tenure. How may I do this?
You may still choose to settle the loan/financing-i early (before loan/financing-i maturity) by visiting any of our Hong Leong/Hong Leong Islamic Branches. You would be required to give 3 months’ prior written notice to the Bank, or payment of 3 months’ interest/profit on the amount redeemed, in lieu of notice. (Kindly note that for Personal Financing-i, payment of 3 months’ profit on the amount redeemed in lieu of notice is not applicable). A rebate for early settlement on the remaining interest/profit to be charged will be granted to the Borrower/Customer over the unexpired period commencing after the 3 months’ notice period.
9. Will there be credit checks when I participate in this campaign?
Yes, we perform credit checks to determine your eligibility for personal loan/financing-i.
10. Why was my application not approved?
While we strive to offer all creditworthy applicants personal loan/financing-i, we are simply not able to approve every loan/financing-i application. If we are not able to approve your personal loan/financing-i application, we will immediately notify you of our decision.
How to Apply
Find the nearest branch to you with our branch locator (only for branches with InBranch Sales & Service Tablets or am:pm kiosks) to apply.