1. What is HLB SME Solar Financing?
It is a ﬁnancing package to assist Malaysian SMEs for Solar Photovoltaic (PV) system installation on business premises’ rooftops that will help in reducing the electricity bills by using solar energy as an alternative source of energy.
2. Does the Bank match-make the Service Providers to me or can I choose my preferred Service Provider?
We aim to provide you a smooth and easy ﬁnancing process. For your convenience, you can choose your preferred Service Providers from a range of our experienced Solar Company Partners that has been approved by SEDA and / or Suruhanjaya Tenaga.
3. What if I plan to install the system myself? Can the Bank provide ﬁnancing under this programme?
You will need to choose one of the Bank’s selected Service Providers to be eligible under this programme.
4. My warehouse is in Pahang but I noticed there are no service providers nearby. Can I still apply and which service provider will entertain my query?
You may contact any of the Service Providers listed on HLB website as they cater to all customers in Malaysia.
5. I do not know how many solar panels to install. Will I need to pay for an initial assessment?
No, there is no charges for initial assessment. The quotation for solar panels is usually based on your electricity bills (preferably for the past six months) of the business premise where you intend to install the solar panels. As such, providing the address of the physical premises (shop-lot / factory / warehouse) is suﬃcient for the initial assessment.
6. How much can I save by putting solar panels on my rooftop?
There is no “one-size-ﬁts-all” solution or cost savings. The ﬁnal cost savings is dependent on several factors such as the tariﬀ your property is billed under (either commercial tariffs or industrial tariﬀs), the size of your roof space and technical or regulatory limitations.
Typically, the cost savings would be at a minimum of 20% of the monthly energy consumption. However, if you are eligible for other incentives oﬀered by the government, your total cost savings could be more.
7. How much does the solar panel cost?
In general, a typical shop lot would require an estimated size of 1,605 square feet of solar panels (at 30 kW of power capacity). This will roughly cost RM100,000. Please note that the actual cost may vary depending on actual roof space, tariff type, technical or regulatory limitations.