The Hong Leong Bank Berhad 193401000023 (97141-X) (“HLB”) and Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad 200501009144 (686191-W) (“HLISB”) (collectively referred to as “the Bank”) “Ang Pow On Us Campaign” (“Campaign”) starts on 1 February 2020 and ends on 15 March 2020 (“Campaign Period”), inclusive of both dates unless mentioned or notified otherwise.
Terms & Conditions
The following sets out the Terms & Conditions applicable to this Campaign (“T&Cs”):
1. This Campaign is only open to selected Debit Card/Debit Card-i customers of the Bank who have received an invitation to participate (“Customers”) through telephone call, Short Message Service (“SMS”) and/or e-Direct Mailer (“eDM”).
Debit Card/Debit Card-i customers who do not receive the telephone call, SMS or eDM are deemed not qualified to participate in this Campaign. The Bank shall not entertain any dispute pertaining to non-receipt of the telephone call, SMS or eDM by the Debit Card/Debit Card-i customers, and the Bank shall not be responsible/held liable in the event of non-receipt of the telephone call, SMS or eDM by the Debit Card/Debit Card-i customers.
2. The Bank reserves the right to disqualify any Customer from this Campaign:
i) if the Customer has in the past committed, or is currently suspected of committing fraudulent, unlawful or wrongful acts towards the Bank; and/or
ii) if the Customer is facing bankruptcy proceedings, or has been declared bankrupt either before or during the Campaign Period.
3. Both permanent and contractual employees of the Bank are not eligible to participate in this Campaign.
4. Customers who have downloaded the Hong Leong Connect Mobile Banking App (“Connect App”) from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or HUAWEI AppGallery stand to receive Ringgit Malaysia Eight (RM8) cashback (“Ang Pow”) if they complete the following during the Campaign Period:
i) successful registration for Hong Leong Connect Online and Mobile Banking; and
ii) at least one (1) time login to Connect App.
Please note that Connect App is supported on devices running iOS 8 or later, and Android 4.1.2 or later.
5. Each Customer is only entitled for one (1) Ang Pow for this Campaign.
6. Ang Pow will be given on a first-come, first-served basis to the first four thousand (4,000) Customers who have completed the steps under Clause 4 above.
7. The Ang Pow cannot be transferred to any third party and is non-exchangeable for cash or other kinds.
Fulfilment of Ang Pow
8. The Ang Pow will be credited to a HLB Current or Savings Account/HLISB Current or Savings Account-i (“CASA/CASA-i”) maintained by Customers as determined by the Bank before 15 June 2020.
9. Customers must maintain an active and valid CASA/CASA-i till 30 June 2020, failing which the Ang Pow shall be forfeited.
10. It is the obligation of the Customers to contact the Bank regarding non-receipt of the Ang Pow before 30 June 2020, failing which the Customers are deemed to have received the Ang Pow and any claim for reimbursement will not be entertained by the Bank.
11. By participating in this Campaign, Customers agree:
i) that they have read, understood, and are bound by the T&Cs listed here;
ii) that the Bank’s decisions on all matters regarding the Campaign shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Customers, and no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute the Bank’s decisions shall be entertained;
iii) to allow the Bank to disclose their mobile number to Infobip Asia Pacific Sdn. Bhd. (898379-U), the vendor appointed by the Bank to provide SMS services for this Campaign;
iv) to be responsible for providing the Bank with their valid and current contact details including mobile number and email address, and promptly notifying the Bank in the event of changes; and
v) to be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in this Campaign.
12. The Bank reserves the right:
i) with prior notice to the Customers, to add, delete, suspend or vary the T&Cs listed here, either fully or partially, by posting on the Campaign website at www.hlb.com.my/ap8 (“Campaign Website”); and
ii) to forfeit the Ang Pow in the event of non-compliance by the Customers of the T&Cs listed here and/or the Hong Leong General Terms and Conditions of Accounts in respect of CASA/CASA-i, Terms and Conditions for Hong Leong Connect and all other laws/rules applicable.
13. The T&Cs listed here, the General Terms and Conditions of Accounts, and Terms and Conditions for Hong Leong Connect shall be read as an entire agreement. In the event of any discrepancies, the specific T&Cs listed here shall prevail to the extent of such discrepancy.
14. In the event of any discrepancies between the T&Cs listed here and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with this Campaign, the final T&Cs on the Campaign Website shall prevail.
15. These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Customers agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
16. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.