RAYA 2021: HONG LEONG BANK #HLBRAYA2021 BAJU RAYA CONTEST
“Hong Leong Bank #HLBRAYA2021 Baju Raya Contest” (“Contest”) is a social media contest organized by Hong Leong Bank Berhad (“HLB”) which commences on 10 May 2021 and ends on 17 May 2021, both dates inclusive (“Contest Period”), unless otherwise notified.
Terms and Conditions
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to the Contest (“T&Cs”):-
1. This Contest is open to all Malaysian individuals irrespective of whether they are customers of the Bank or otherwise (“Participants”).
2. The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
Permanent and contract employees of Hong Leong Group (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their respective immediate family members (e.g. spouse, children, parent, brother or sister).
3. In order to be eligible for this Contest, all requirements must be fulfilled in accordance with the Contest Mechanics below.
4. To participate in the Contest, the Participants must first become a fan of HLB’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HLBMalaysia (“HLB’s Facebook Page”) and HLB’s Instagram page at www.instagram.com/hongleongbankmy (“HLB’s Instagram Page”). To become a fan of the HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram Page, the Participants have to click ‘Like’ on HLB’s Facebook Page and “Follow” HLB’s Instagram Page. No registration is required.
5. To earn entry for this Contest, the Participants are then required to complete the following steps (“Contest Entry”) set out in Table 1 below:
Earn 1 Entry
Earn 2 Entries
Step 1: Upload a baju raya photo or your photo wearing a baju raya (selfie is also accepted) on your own Instagram or Facebook account.
Step 1: Snap a photo using IG Story or upload your baju raya photo to IG Story.
6. HLB reserves the right to disqualify and/or delete any Contest Entry containing nudity, vulgarity, obscenity, racist sentiments, profanity, violence or any other elements deemed inappropriate by HLB (including but not limited to infringement of any third party intellectual property rights). HLB shall not be responsible for any such Contest Entry disqualified and/or deleted or in the event any Contest Entry is unsuccessfully posted due to technical or internet connection issues or for any other reason whatsoever.
Prize Selection and Fulfilment
7. The following are the prizes (“Contest Prizes”) to be given out to the winners of this Contest.
No of Winners
RM50 Grab Foods e-voucher x 2
8. Each Participant is entitled to win only one (1) Contest Prize in this Contest.
9. The Participants are allowed to submit more than one (1) Contest Entry throughout the Contest Period to improve their chances of winning.
10. The Contest Entries will be selected by HLB randomly. The Participants of the selected Contest Entries who have fulfilled the requirements in Clause 4 and 5 above shall win the Contest Prizes (“Winners”). HLB will select a total number of one hundred (100) Winners only to receive the Contest Prizes.
11. The announcement of the Winners will be posted on HLB’s Facebook Page within fourteen (14) days from the end of the Contest Period (“Notification”). The Winners are required to send a private message to HLB’s Facebook Page or HLB’s Instagram Page to redeem the Contest Prizes within three (3) working days from the date of the Notification. In order to redeem the Contest Prizes, the Winners are required to send their personal details as follows to email@example.com.
(a) Full name as per National Registration Identity Card (“NRIC”)
(b) NRIC Number
(c) Mobile Number
(d) Email Address
(e) IG Handle or FB username
12. All information collected by HLB under the Contest will be used for the purpose of this Contest/Contest Prizes fulfillment only.
13. If the Winners fail to email to HLB all the required details within the timeframe as specified in Clause 11 above, the Winners shall be disqualified from the Contest and shall not be entitled to the Contest Prizes.
14. The Contest Prizes will be delivered by HLB to the email address provided by the Winners in clause 11 within thirty (30) Business Days from the end of the Contest Period. A “Business Day” shall mean a day (other than Saturday, Sunday and a public holiday) on which HLB is open for business in Kuala Lumpur.
15. For the avoidance of doubt, HLB reserves the right to determine the Winners and any dispute(s) pertaining to HLB’s decision shall not be entertained.
16. The Contest Prizes are not transferable and non-exchangeable for cash, up-front credit, cheque or in kind.
17. It is the obligation of the Winners to inform HLB in writing in the event of non-receipt of the Contest Prizes by 30 July 2021, failing which the Winners are deemed to have received the Contest Prizes and any appeal/request for the reimbursement of the Contest Prizes thereafter shall not be entertained.
18. HLB reserves the rights to replace the Contest Prizes with any other item of equal value at its discretion.
19. By participating in the Contest, the Participants agree:
a) to have read, understood and be bound by the T&Cs herein;
b) that HLB’s decision on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Participants and no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute HLB’s decision shall be entertained;
c) to authorise and consent to the Bank’s usage, disclosure or publication of their FB username or IG Handle and Contest Entries at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media;
d) to access the HLB’s campaign website at www.hlb.com.my/raya2021 (“Campaign Website”) at regular intervals to view the T&Cs of the Contest and ensure to be kept up-to-date on any changes or variations to the T&Cs; and
e) to be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in the Contest.
20. HLB reserves the right:
a) to add, delete, suspend or vary the T&Cs contained herein, either wholly or in part, at HLB’s discretion by way of posting on the HLB’s Facebook Page and/or HLB’s Instagram Page or in any manner deemed suitable by the Bank, at any time with notice;
b) to disqualify any Participants for any reason whatsoever as HLB may deem fit to participate in the Contest without assigning any reason thereof; and
c) to use the FB username or IG Handle and Contest Entries (i.e. photos and posting copy) of the Participants at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media.
21. In the event of any discrepancy between the T&Cs herein as compared to the advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, the final T&Cs on HLB’s Facebook Page shall prevail.
22. All features of the Contest Prizes in all printed materials, HLB’s Facebook Page, HLB’s Instagram Page and/or the Campaign Website are for illustration purposes only. Any props, accessories or equipment featured with the Contest Prizes in any pictorial materials are for decorative purposes and shall not form part of the Contest Prizes.
25. The T&Cs herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
26. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.