DUITSMART 2021: HONG LEONG BANK DUITSMART NOVEMBER CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“DuitSmart November Contest” (“Contest”) is a social media contest organized by Hong Leong Bank Berhad (“Bank” or “HLB”) which commences from 23 Nov 2021 and ends on 6 Dec 2021, both dates inclusive (“Contest Period”), unless otherwise notified.
Terms and Conditions
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to the Contest (“T&Cs”):-
1. This Contest is open to all Malaysian individuals irrespective of whether they are customers of the Bank or otherwise (“Participants”).
2. The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
Permanent and contract employees of Hong Leong Group (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their respective immediate family members (e.g. spouse, children, parent, brother or sister).
3. In order to be eligible for this Contest, all requirements must be fulfilled in accordance with the Contest Mechanics below.
4. To participate in the Contest, the Participants must first become a fan of HLB’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HLBMalaysia (“HLB’s Facebook Page”) and HLB’s Instagram page at www.instagram.com/hongleongbankmy (“HLB’s Instagram Page”). To become a fan of the HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram Page, the Participants have to click “Like” on HLB’s Facebook Page and “Follow” HLB’s Instagram Page. No registration is required.
5. The Participants are then required to view the DuitSmart series posted on HLB’s Facebook and HLB’s Instagram Page. HLB will post a contest question related to DuitSmart on HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram Page respectively (“Contest Post”) during the Contest Period. The Participants are to submit the correct answer in the comment box of the Contest Post and tag 2 friends together with the hashtag #DuitSmart and #HealthySavingsPlan (“Contest Entry”). The Participants are allowed to submit one (1) Contest Entry for each on HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram Page respectively and in doing so, this will count as two (2) Contest Entries which will improve the Participants’ chances of winning.
6. HLB reserves the right to disqualify and/or delete any Contest Entry containing nudity, vulgarity, obscenity, racist sentiments, profanity, violence or any other elements deemed inappropriate by HLB (including but not limited to infringement of any third party intellectual property rights). HLB shall not be responsible for any such Contest Entry disqualified and/or deleted or in the event any Contest Entry is unsuccessfully posted due to technical or internet connection issues or for any other reason whatsoever.
Prize Selection and Fulfilment
7. The contest prize is RM100 cash prize (“Contest Prizes”) and there are a total of ten (10) Contest Prizes to be given out to the winners of this Contest.
8. Each Participant is entitled to win only one (1) Contest Prize in this Contest.
9. The Contest Entries will be selected by HLB randomly. The Participants of the selected Contest Entries who have answered correctly and fulfilled the requirements in Clause 4 and 5 above shall win the Contest Prizes (“Winners”).
10. The Winners will be notified by HLB within fourteen (14) days after the end of the Contest Period (“Notification”) via a Facebook comment reply to the respective Participants’ Contest Entry posting or via Instagram direct message.
11. The Winners are required to send an e-mail to email@example.com with their personal details as follows within five (5) days from the date of the Notification:
(a) Full name as per National Registration Identity Card (“NRIC”);
(b) NRIC number;
(c) Mobile Number;
(d) Email Address;
(e) FB Username or IG Handle; and
(f) Hong Leong Bank Account Number or Hong Leong Bank Islamic Account Number, if any.
12. All information collected by HLB under the Contest will be used for the purpose of the Contest Prizes fulfillment only.
13. If the Winners fail to email to HLB all the required details within the timeframe as specified in Clause 11 above, the Winners shall be disqualified from the Contest and shall not be entitled to the Contest Prizes.
14. The Contest Prize will be credited into the Current Account or Savings Account/Current Account-i or Savings Account-i (“CASA/CASA-i”) maintained by the Winners with HLB or Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad (“HLISB”), as determined by HLB, within eight (8) weeks after the end of the Campaign Period. The Winners’ CASA/CASA-i must remain active and valid throughout the Contest Period and until 28 Feb 2022, failing which, the Contest Prize may be forfeited at HLB’s absolute discretion.
15. The Winners who do not have CASA/CASA-i with HLB/HLISB will be required to open a CASA/CASA-i at their preferred HLB branch or via Apply@HLB app and email their CASA/CASA-i number to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 Dec 2021, failing which, the Contest Prize will be forfeited.
16. The announcement of the Winners will be posted on HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram age within eight (8) weeks from the end of the Contest Period.
17. For the avoidance of doubt, HLB reserves the right to determine the Winners and any dispute(s) pertaining to HLB’s decision shall not be entertained.18. The Contest Prizes are not transferable and non-exchangeable for cheque or in kind.
19. It is the obligation of the Winners to inform HLB in writing in the event of non-receipt of the Contest Prizes by 28 Feb 2022, failing which the Winners are deemed to have received the Contest Prizes and any appeal/request for the reimbursement of the Contest Prizes thereafter shall not be entertained.
20. HLB reserves the rights to replace the Contest Prizes with any other item of equal value at its discretion.
21. By participating in the Contest, the Participants agree:
a) to have read, understood and be bound by the T&Cs herein;
b) that HLB’s decision on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Participants and no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute HLB’s decision shall be entertained;
c) to authorise and consent to the Bank’s usage, disclosure or publication of their FB username or IG Handle and Contest Entries at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media;
d) to access the HLB’s campaign website at www.hlb.com.my/ds2 (“Campaign Website”) at regular intervals to view the T&Cs of the Contest and ensure to be kept up-to-date on any changes or variations to the T&Cs; and
e) to be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in the Contest.
22. HLB reserves the right:
a. to add, delete, suspend or vary the T&Cs contained herein, either wholly or in part, at HLB’s discretion by way of posting on the HLB’s Facebook Page and/or HLB’s Instagram Page or in any manner deemed suitable by the Bank, at any time with notice;
b. to disqualify any Participants for any reason whatsoever as HLB may deem fit to participate in the Contest without assigning any reason thereof; and
c. to use the FB username or IG Handle and Contest Entries (i.e. photos and posting copy) of the Participants at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media.
23. In the event of any discrepancy between the T&Cs herein as compared to the advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, the final T&Cs on the Campaign Website shall prevail.
24. The T&Cs herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
25. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.