HLB BIG at GSC SOCIAL CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“HLB BIG at GSC Social Contest” (“Contest”) is a social media contest organized by Hong Leong Bank Berhad (“Bank” or “HLB”) which commences from 27 September 2022 and ends on 28 September 2022, both dates inclusive (“Contest Period”), unless otherwise notified.
Terms and Conditions
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to the Contest (“T&Cs”):-
1. This Contest is open to all Malaysian individuals irrespective of whether they are customers of the Bank or otherwise (“Participants”).
2. The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
Permanent and contract employees of HLB and Hong Leong Islamic Bank (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their respective immediate family members (e.g. spouse, children, parent, brother or sister).
3. In order to be eligible for this Contest, all requirements must be fulfilled in accordance with the Contest Mechanics below.
4. To participate in the Contest, the Participants must first become a fan of HLB’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/HLBMalaysia (“HLB’s Facebook Page”). To become a fan of the HLB’s Facebook Page, the Participants have to click “Like” on HLB’s Facebook Page. No registration is required.
5. The Participants are then required to answer a contest question related to HLB BIG at GSC on HLB’s Facebook Page (“Contest Post”) during the Contest Period. The Participants are to submit the correct answer in the comment box of the Contest Post, tag 1 friend together with the hashtag #GSCBIGxHLB (“Contest Entry”).
The Participants are allowed to submit one (1) Contest Entry each on HLB’s Facebook Page.
6. HLB reserves the right to disqualify and/or delete any Contest Entry containing nudity, vulgarity, obscenity, racist sentiments, profanity, violence or any other elements deemed inappropriate by HLB (including but not limited to infringement of any third-party intellectual property rights). Further, HLB shall not be responsible for any Contest Entry that is unsuccessfully posted due to technical or internet connection issues or for any other reason whatsoever.
Contest Prize Selection and Fulfilment
7. Details of the Contest Prize are as follows:
Contest Prize: Two (2) Black Adam movie tickets
Venue: GSC The Starling Mall, Damansara Uptown, Petaling Jaya
Date: 20 October 2022
Redemption time: 2:00PM
There are a total of seventy-five (75) Contest Prizes to be given out to the Winners (as defined herein) of this Contest.
8. Each Participant is entitled to win only one (1) Contest Prize in this Contest.
9. GSC movie ticket terms and conditions apply.
10. The Participants who have fulfilled the requirements in Clauses 4 and 5 above and submitted the correct answer in their Contest Entries will be shortlisted as “Selected Participants” at random. The Selected Participants will then be required to answer one (1) Bonus Question correctly & email us their details as stated in Clause 11 below. The Selected Participants who email their details and answer the Bonus Question correctly within the given timeframe as stated in Clause 11 below will be selected to win the Contest Prize (“Winners”).
11. The Selected Participants are required to send an e-mail to email@example.com with their personal details as follows within 48 hours after notification from HLB either via Facebook comment reply to the Contest Entries posted by the Selected Participants:
(a) Full name as per National Registration Identity Card (“NRIC”);
(b) Mobile Number;
(c) Email Address;
(d) Facebook username
(e) The answer to the Bonus Question
12. All information collected by HLB under the Contest will be used for the purpose of the Contest Prize fulfilment only.
13. If the Selected Participants fail to email to HLB all the required details within the timeframe as specified in Clause 11 above, the Selected Participants shall be disqualified from the Contest and shall not be entitled to the Contest Prize.
14. HLB will email to the Winners the Contest Prize in the form of a voucher code by 17 October 2022. Winners will then need to redeem the physical movie tickets as per the details stated in Clause 7 above. The Selected Participants who do not receive the Contest Prize via email by 17 October 2022 are deemed not entitled for the Contest Prize.
15. For the avoidance of doubt, HLB reserves the right to determine the Winners and any dispute(s) pertaining to HLB’s decision shall not be entertained.
16. The Contest Prize is non-exchangeable for cash, credit or in kind.
17. HLB reserves the rights to replace the Contest Prize with any other item of equal value at its discretion.
18. By participating in the Contest, the Participants hereby:
a) confirm that they have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the T&Cs herein;
b) agree that HLB’s decision on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Participants and no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute HLB’s decision shall be entertained;
c) agree to authorise and consent to the Bank’s usage, disclosure or publication of their FB username and Contest Entries at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media;
d) agree to access the HLB’s campaign website at https://www.hlb.com.my/hlbbig (“Campaign Website”) at regular intervals to view the T&Cs of the Contest and ensure to be kept up-to-date on any changes or variations to the T&Cs; and
e) agree that they shall be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in the Contest.
19. HLB reserves the right:
a. to add, delete, suspend or vary the T&Cs contained herein, either wholly or in part, at HLB’s discretion by way of posting on the Campaign Website or in any manner deemed suitable by the Bank, at any time with notice;
b. to disqualify any Participants for any reason whatsoever as HLB may deem fit to participate in the Contest without assigning any reason thereof; and
c. to use the FB username and Contest Entries (i.e. photos and posting copy) of the Participants at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media.
20. In the event of any discrepancy between the T&Cs herein as compared to the advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, the final T&Cs on the Campaign Website shall prevail.
21. The T&Cs herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
22. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.