DUITSMART 2022: HONG LEONG BANK DUITSMART AUGUST 2022 CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“DuitSmart August Contest” (“Contest”) is a social media contest organized by Hong Leong Bank Berhad (“Bank” or “HLB”) which commences on 18 August 2022 and ends on 7 September 2022, both dates inclusive (“Contest Period”), unless otherwise notified.
Terms and Conditions
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to the Contest (“T&Cs”):-
1. This Contest is open to all Malaysian individuals irrespective of whether they are customers of the Bank or otherwise (“Participants”).
2. The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
Permanent and contract employees of HLB and Hong Leong Islamic Bank (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their respective immediate family members (e.g. spouse, children, parent, brother or sister).
3. In order to be eligible for this Contest, all requirements must be fulfilled in accordance with the Contest Mechanics below.
4. To participate in the Contest, the Participants must first become a fan of HLB’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HLBMalaysia (“HLB’s Facebook Page”) and HLB’s Instagram page at www.instagram.com/hongleongbankmy (“HLB’s Instagram Page”). To become a fan of the HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram Page, the Participants have to click “Like” on HLB’s Facebook Page and “Follow” HLB’s Instagram Page. No registration is required.
5. The Participants are then required to view the DuitSmart series posted on HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram Page. HLB will post a contest question related to DuitSmart on HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram Page (“Contest Post”) during the Contest Period. The Participants are to submit the correct answer in the comment box of the Contest Post and tag 3 friends together with the hashtags #DuitSmart and #ProtectWithInsuranceandTakaful (“Contest Entry”). The Participants are allowed to submit one (1) Contest Entry on HLB’s Facebook Page OR HLB’s Instagram Page respectively.
6. HLB reserves the right to disqualify and/or delete any Contest Entry containing nudity, vulgarity, obscenity, racist sentiments, profanity, violence, or any other elements deemed inappropriate by HLB (including but not limited to infringement of any third party intellectual property rights). HLB shall not be responsible for any such Contest Entry disqualified and/or deleted or in the event, any Contest Entry is unsuccessfully posted due to technical or internet connection issues or for any other reason whatsoever.
Prize Selection and Fulfilment
7. The contest prize is RM100 Shell e-voucher (“Contest Prize”) and there is a total of twenty (20) Contest Prizes to be given out to the Winners (as defined herein) of this Contest.
8. The terms and conditions of the Contest Prize shall apply. The Contest Prize is valid until 2 Jan 2023, 23:59:59.
9. Each Participant is entitled to win only one (1) Contest Prize in this Contest.
10. The Participants who have fulfilled the requirements in Clauses 4 and 5 above and submitted the correct answer in their Contest Entries will be shortlisted as “Selected Participants” at random. The Selected Participants will then be required to answer one (1) Bonus Question correctly & email us their details as stated in Clause 11 below. The Selected Participants who email their details and answer the Bonus Question correctly within the given timeframe as stated in Clause 11 below will be selected to win the Contest Prize (“Winners”).
11. The Selected Participants are required to send an e-mail to email@example.com with their personal details as follows within 48 hours after notification from HLB either via Facebook comment reply to the Contest Entries posted by the Selected Participants or via Instagram direct message:
(a) Full name as per National Registration Identity Card (“NRIC”);
(b) Mobile Number;
(c) Email Address;
(d) Facebook or Instagram username
(e) The answer to the Bonus Question
12. The Winner’s announcement will be posted on the HLB’s Facebook’s Page and HLB’s Instagram Page within four (4) weeks after the end of the Contest period.
13. The Winners will be notified of their winning by HLB via email within four (4) weeks after the end of the Contest.
14. All information collected by HLB under the Contest will be used for the purpose of the Contest Prize fulfilment only.
15. If the Selected Participants fail to email to HLB all the required details and/or answer the Bonus Question correctly within the timeframe specified in 11 as above, the Selected Participants shall be disqualified from the Contest and the next Selected Participants shall be chosen.
16. The Contest Prize will be emailed to the Winners within eight (8) weeks after the end of the Contest.
17. For the avoidance of doubt, HLB reserves the right to determine the Winners and any dispute(s) pertaining to HLB’s decision shall not be entertained.
18. The Contest Prize is not transferable and non-exchangeable for cash, cheque, or in kind.
19. It is the obligation of the Winners to inform HLB in writing in the event of non-receipt of the Contest Prize by 22 November 2022, failing which the Winners are deemed to have received the Contest Prize and any appeal/request for the reimbursement of the Contest Prize thereafter shall not be entertained.
20. By participating in the Contest, the Participants hereby:
a) confirm that they have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the T&Cs herein;
b) agree that HLB’s decision on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Participants and no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute HLB’s decision shall be entertained;
c) agree to authorise and consent to the Bank’s usage, disclosure or publication of their FB username or IG Handle and Contest Entries at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media;
d) agree to access the HLB’s campaign website at https://www.hlb.com.my/ds4 (“Campaign Website”) at regular intervals to view the T&Cs of the Contest and ensure to be kept up-to-date on any changes or variations to the T&Cs; and
e) agree that they shall be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees, or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in the Contest.
21. HLB reserves the right:
a. to add, delete, suspend or vary the T&Cs contained herein, either wholly or in part, at HLB’s discretion by way of posting on the Campaign Website or in any manner deemed suitable by the Bank, at any time with notice;
b. to disqualify any Participants for any reason whatsoever as HLB may deem fit to participate in the Contest without assigning any reason thereof; and
c. to use the Facebook/IG username and Contest Entries (i.e. photos and posting copy) of the Participants at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media.
22. In the event of any discrepancy between the T&Cs herein as compared to the advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, the final T&Cs on the Campaign Website shall prevail.
23. The T&Cs herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
24. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.