HLB SOCIAL ENTERPRISE WITH A CAUSE CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“HLB Social Enterprise with a Cause Contest” (“Contest”) is a social media engagement contest organized by Hong Leong Bank Berhad (“Bank” or “HLB”) which commences on 15 June 2023 and ends on 29 June 2023, both dates inclusive (“Contest Period”), unless otherwise notified.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to the Contest (“T&Cs”):-
1. This Contest is open to all Malaysian individuals irrespective of whether they are customers of the Bank or otherwise (“Participants”).
2. In order to be eligible for this Contest, all requirements must be fulfilled in accordance with the Contest Mechanics below.
CONTEST MECHANICS AND WINNERS’ SELECTION
3. To participate in the Contest, the Participants must first visit or look up HLB’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HLBMalaysia (“HLB’s Facebook Page”) and/or HLB’s Instagram page at www.instagram.com/hongleongbankmy (“HLB’s Instagram Page”). The Participants are required to click “Like” on HLB’s Facebook Page and/or “Follow” on HLB’s Instagram Page. No registration is required.
4. The Participants are then required to answer BOTH the contest questions posted on HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram Page respectively (“Contest Post”) during the Contest Period, which are reproduced below :
Question 1 : Suggest a new type of product Suri should produce based on their business model; and
Question 2 : Suggest a new type of product The Asli Co. should produce based on their business model
5. Each Participant is required to submit their answers in the comment box of the Contest Post, tag 3 friends, and include the hashtags #SuriLifestyle and #TheAsliCo #HLBJumpstart in the contest entry (“Contest Entry”). For the avoidance of doubt, the Participant is allowed to submit (a) multiple answers for each Question 1 and Question 2 for each Contest Entry; and (b) more than one (1) Contest Entry on either HLB’s Facebook Page OR HLB’s Instagram Page.
PRIZE SELECTION AND FULFILMENT
6. The contest prize consists of 1 (ONE) limited edition Suri denim tote bag and 1 (ONE) The Asli Co. Kuih Soap set (both prizes worth RM70) (“Contest Prizes”). There are a total of fifteen (15) Contest Prizes to be given out to the Winners (as defined in Clause 8 below).
7. Each Participant is entitled to win only ONE (1) Contest Prize in this Contest.
8. The Participants who have fulfilled the requirements in Clauses 4 and 5 above will be shortlisted as “Selected Participants” using a randomiser tool. The Selected Participants will then be required to answer one (1) additional question (“Bonus Question”). The Bonus Question will be posted in response to the Selected Participants’ respective Contest Entries. The Selected Participants are required to send their respective answers to the Bonus Question, together with the requested details as per Clause 9 below within 48 hours to be in the running to win the Contest Prize. The top first fifteen (15) Selected Participants who have answered the Bonus Question correctly and complied with Clause 9 shall be the winners of the Contest (“Winners”).
9. In furtherance to Clause 8 above, the Selected Participants are required to send their respective answers, together with their personal details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
a) Full name as per National Registration Identity Card (“NRIC”);
b) NRIC number;
c) Delivery address (for delivery of the prize via courier); and
d) Facebook OR Instagram username.
10. In the event the Selected Participants fail to email all the required details and/or answer the Bonus Question correctly within the timeframe specified in Clause 8 above, the Selected Participants shall be disqualified from the Contest and the next Selected Participant shall be chosen.
11. The Winners’ announcement will be posted on the HLB’s Facebook Page and/or HLB’s Instagram Page within four (4) weeks after the end of the Contest Period. HLB reserves the right to determine the Winners and any dispute(s) pertaining to HLB’s decision shall not be entertained.
12. All information collected by HLB under the Contest will be used for the purpose of the Contest Prize fulfilment only.
13. The Contest Prize will be delivered via courier to the Winner’s delivery address (which had been furnished to and recorded in HLB’s system), within eight (8) weeks after the end of the Contest Period. Any request to deliver the Contest Prize to another address after the end of the Contest Period will not be entertained by HLB and/or its authorised fulfilment service provider.
14. Fulfilment and delivery of the Contest Prize is provided and supported by HLB’s authorised fulfilment service provided, Gdex, who can be contacted at 03-6419 5003.
15. It is the obligation of the Winners to inform HLB via email at email@example.com in the event of non-receipt of the Contest Prize by 21 August 2023, failing which the Winners are deemed to have received the Contest Prize and any appeal/request for the reimbursement of the Contest Prize thereafter shall not be entertained.
16. The Contest Prize is not transferable and non-exchangeable for cash, cheque, or in kind.
17. The Contest Prize will be provided on an “As Is Where Is” basis. The Contest Prize featured in all materials and/or the Bank’s website (if any) is for illustration purposes only. Any props, accessories, or equipment featured with the Contest Prize in any pictorial materials are for decorative purposes and shall not form part of the Contest Prize.
18. HLB reserves the right to replace the Contest Prize with any other item of equal value at its discretion.
19. By participating in the Contest, the Participants hereby:
a) confirm that they have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the T&Cs herein;
b) agree that HLB’s decision on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Participants and acknowledge that no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute HLB’s decision shall be entertained;
c) agree to be responsible for providing HLB with their correct and current details for the purpose of this Contest;
d) agree to authorise and consent to the Bank’s usage, disclosure and/or publication of their FB or Instagram usernames, including their Contest Entries without compensation for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media;
e) agree to access the HLB’s campaign website at https://www.hlb.com.my/SE_contest (“Campaign Website”) at regular intervals to view the T&Cs of the Contest and ensure to be kept up-to-date on any changes or variations to the T&Cs;
f) agree that any Contest Entry(ies), message(s), announcement(s) and/or email sent to HLB and vice versa (“Communication”) is entirely dependent on the availability and quality of service of the relevant service provider(s) and fully understand that HLB does not have any control whatsoever in the event such Communication is delayed, not delivered or encountered any delivery issues due to any network failure, technical, internet connection issues and/or for any other reason whatsoever beyond HLB’s control ("Network Failure"). As such HLB shall not be responsible for any losses or expenses incurred by the Participants as a result of the Network Failure;
g) agree to be liable for any telco or wifi charges, roaming or phone data charges, whether in or outside Malaysia as a result of Communication with HLB associated with this Contest; and
h) agree that they shall be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees, or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in the Contest.
20. HLB reserves the right:
a) with prior notice to the Participants, to add, delete, suspend or vary the T&Cs contained herein, either wholly or in part, by way of posting such addition, deletion, suspension or variation of the T&Cs or termination of this Contest on the Campaign Website; and
b) to disqualify any Participants and/or delete any Contest Entry(ies) containing nudity, vulgarity, obscenity, racist sentiments, profanity, violence, or any other elements deemed inappropriate by HLB (including but not limited to infringement of any third party’s intellectual property rights) or for any other reason whatsoever as HLB may deem unfit to participate in the Contest without assigning any reason thereof.
21. In the event of any discrepancy between the T&Cs as compared to the advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, the final T&Cs on the Campaign Website shall prevail.
22. The T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
23. Unless stated otherwise, words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.