Terms and Conditions
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to the Contest (“T&Cs”):-
1. This Contest is open to all Malaysian individuals irrespective of whether they are customers of the Bank or otherwise, except for the persons listed in paragraph 2 below (“Participants”).
2. The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
Permanent and contract employees of The Bank including its subsidiaries and related companies), vendors and partners of HLB and their respective immediate family members (e.g. spouse, children, parent, brother or sister).
3. In order to be eligible for this Contest, all requirements must be fulfilled in accordance with the Contest Mechanics below.
4. To participate in the Contest, the Participants must first become a fan of HLB’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HLBMalaysia (“HLB’s Facebook Page”) and HLB’s Instagram page at www.instagram.com/hongleongbankmy (“HLB’s Instagram Page”). To become a fan of the HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram Page, the Participants have to click “Like” on HLB’s Facebook Page and “Follow” on HLB’s Instagram Page. No registration with HLB is required for this process.
CONTEST 1 – HLB “Syukur Raya” Contest
5. The Participants are required to complete a sentence with details about what are they most thankful for for this Raya (in 30 words or less) in the contest post comments section (be it on HLB’s Facebook Page and/or HLB’s Instagram Page). Participants are also required to tag 3 of their friends together with the hashtag #LebaranPenuhKesyukuran and #HLBSyukurRaya in their entry.
CONTEST 2 – HLB “Rahsia Raya” Contest
6. The Participants are required to guess correctly the four (4) Raya items within the contest post (be it on HLB’s Facebook Page and/or HLB’s Instagram Page) and include the answer in the contest post comment section (be it on HLB’s Facebook Page and/or HLB’s Instagram Page). Participants are also required to tag 3 of their friends together with the hashtag #LebaranPenuhKesyukuran and #HLBRahsiaRaya in their entry.
CONTEST 3 – HLB “Syukur Raya” Photo Contest
7. The Participants are required to snap and upload a photo (be it on HLB’s Facebook Page and/or HLB’s Instagram Page) of their most creative “Imperfect Raya” moment. The photo must show an “imperfect” element such as a photobomb. Participants are also required to tag Hong Leong Bank (FB: @HLBMalaysia | IG: @hongleongbankmy) and 3 friends together with the hashtag #LebaranPenuhKesyukuran and #HLBRayaMoments in their entries. Uploaded photo posts must have visibility set to “Public”.
8. The Participants are allowed to submit more than one (1) contest entry for all contests throughout the Contest Period to improve their chances of winning.
9. HLB reserves the right to disqualify and/or delete any contest entry containing nudity, vulgarity, obscenity, racist sentiments, profanity, violence, or any other elements deemed inappropriate by HLB (including but not limited to infringement of any third-party intellectual property rights). HLB shall not be responsible for any such contest entry disqualified and/or deleted or in the event, any contest entry is unsuccessfully posted due to technical or internet connection issues or for any other reason whatsoever.
Prize Selection and Fulfilment
10. The contest prize is RM100 cash (“Contest Prize”) and there are a total of 30 (thirty) Contest Prizes to be given out in this Contest. For the avoidance of doubt, ten (10) Contest Prizes will be allocated for each contest respectively.
11. Each Participant is entitled to win only one (1) Contest Prize throughout the Contest Period. For the avoidance of doubt, the Participants may submit entries on both Instagram and Facebook for the same contest but will only be entitled to win one Contest Prize (if selected as a Winner for that contest).
12. The contest entries will be selected at random by HLB. The Participants of the selected contest entries who have fulfilled the requirements in Clauses 4 to 7 (as applicable) and have answered the questions in the contest posts correctly (as applicable) shall be eligible to be selected as a winner (“Winners”).
13. The Winners will be notified by HLB within fourteen (14) days after the end of the Contest Period (“Notification”) via a Facebook comment reply to the respective Participants’ Contest entry posting or via Instagram direct message (as the case may be).
14. The Winners are required to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with their personal details as follows within five (5) days from the date of the Notification:
(a) Full name as per National Registration Identity Card (“NRIC”);
(b) NRIC number;
(c) Mobile Number;
(d) Email Address;
(e) FB Username or IG Handle; and
(f) Hong Leong Bank Account Number or Hong Leong Bank Islamic Account Number in their own name, if any.
15. All information collected by HLB under the Contest will be used for the purpose of the Contest Prizes fulfillment only.
16. If the Winners fail to email to HLB all the required details within the timeframe as specified in Clause 14 above, the Winners shall be disqualified from the Contest and shall not be entitled to the Contest Prizes. In such circumstances, the next eligible Winner will be awarded the Contest Prize.
17. The Contest Prize will be credited into the Current Account or Savings Account/Current Account-i or Savings Account-i (“CASA/CASA-i”) maintained by the Winners with HLB or Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad (“HLISB”), as determined by HLB, within eight (8) weeks after the end of the Campaign Period. The Winners’ CASA/CASA-i must remain active and valid throughout the Contest Period and until 16 July 2022 , failing which, the Contest Prize may be forfeited at HLB’s absolute discretion.
18. The Winners who do not have CASA/CASA-i with HLB/HLISB will be required to open a CASA/CASA-i at their preferred HLB branch or via the Apply@HLB app and email their CASA/CASA-i account number to email@example.com by 15 June 2022, failing which, the Contest Prize will be forfeited.
19. The announcement of the Winners will be posted on HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram age within four (4) weeks from the end of the Contest Period.
20. For the avoidance of doubt, HLB reserves the right to determine the Winners and any dispute(s) pertaining to HLB’s decision shall not be entertained. The Contest Prizes are not transferable and non-exchangeable for cheque or in kind.
21. It is the obligation of the Winners to inform HLB in writing in the event of non-receipt of the Contest Prizes by 31 July 2022, failing which the Winners are deemed to have received the Contest Prizes and any appeal/request for the reimbursement of the Contest Prizes thereafter shall not be entertained.
22. HLB reserves the right to replace the Contest Prizes with any other item of equal value at its discretion.
23. By participating in the Contest, the Participants agree:
a) to have read, understood, accepted and agree to be bound by the T&Cs herein;
b) that HLB’s decision on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Participants and no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute HLB’s decision shall be entertained;
c) to authorise and consent to the Bank’s usage, disclosure or publication of their FB username or IG Handle and Contest Entries at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media;
d) to access the HLB’s campaign website at https://www.hlb.com.my/lebaranpenuhkesyukuran (“Campaign Website”) at regular intervals to view the T&Cs of the Contest and ensure to be kept up-to-date on any changes or variations to the T&Cs; and
e) to be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees, or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in the Contest.
24. HLB reserves the right:
a. to add, delete, suspend or vary the T&Cs contained herein, either wholly or in part, or to terminate the Contest at HLB’s discretion by way of posting on the Campaign Website or in any manner deemed suitable by the Bank, at any time with notice;
b. to disqualify any Participants for any reason whatsoever as HLB may deem fit to participate in the Contest without assigning any reason thereof; and
c. to use the FB username or IG Handle and Contest entries (i.e. photos and posting copy) of the Participants at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade, or promotion purposes in any media.
25. In the event of any discrepancy between the T&Cs herein as compared to the advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, the final T&Cs on the Campaign Website shall prevail.
26. The T&Cs herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
27. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.
If you have any enquiries regarding the T&Cs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 03-76268899.