Hong Leong Bank Ushering in the Chinese New Year with a message to “Stay Ong, Stay Strong” to promote building of a Stronger Financial Foundation
Hong Leong Bank Ushering in the Chinese New Year with a message to “Stay Ong, Stay Strong”
to promote building of a Stronger Financial Foundation
· As the country looks forward to the continued recovery phase, the Bank has lined up exciting Lunar New Year promotions to help customers grow their savings, build their investment portfolio and power up their businesses for financial success.
· Exclusive prizes include up to 1KG worth of gold bars, an All-Electric MINI Cooper SE and other gifts and prizes, cumulative worth more than RM1.8 million.
Kuala Lumpur, 20 January 2022 – The Year of the Tiger is said to bring with it big changes fuelled by courage and ambition as the tiger symbolises bravery, strength and immense willpower. With Malaysians continuing to embody these qualities as we rebuild after a challenging year, Hong Leong Bank (“HLB” or the “Bank”) has launched its Chinese New Year (“CNY”) campaign 'Stay Ong, Stay Strong', aimed at being the go-to financial partner to help customers grow their savings, build their investment portfolio and power up their businesses, while offering exclusive prizes which include up to 1KG of gold bars, an All-Electric MINI Cooper SE, Senheng vouchers worth up to RM180,000 and other exciting prizes.
Domenic Fuda, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of HLB shared the Bank’s optimism for a strong recovery year ahead and commitment to help customers build a stronger financial foundation. “If anything, the past two years have taught us that despite the hardships we face, as long as we work together, we can overcome challenges. As a community bank, we will continue to put our customers’ needs first and will be here to support their recovery journey as the nation embraces the new norm, and people resume their regular life despite still having the virus within the community.”
“To this end, along with the various payment/repayment assistance plans that are still available for our customers who need that extra support through the recovery phase, financing facilities for those who want to take the opportunity to strengthen their business operations and enhance their digitalisation journey will also be available. We want to take the opportunity to help our customers kick-off their year and their recovery phase on a strong, healthy and sustainable financial footing,” added Fuda.
Charles Sik, Managing Director of Personal Financial Services of HLB shared that the focus of individuals and business owners for 2022 is to take stock of the learning and challenges in 2021 and look forward to rebuilding resilience and business prosperity while ensuring that health and safety remains a priority focus.
“With that in mind, we have curated a host of tiger-rific offerings to help Malaysians start building a stronger and sustainable financial foundation, which also includes sustainability of the planet such as the All-Electric MINI Cooper SE, the first electric model from MINI. We hope our CNY campaign offerings will provide the much-needed momentum to lay a solid foundation for a healthier financial future,” said Sik.
Here is a list of HLB CNY 2022 offerings from 18 January to 28 February to ‘Stay Ong, Stay Strong’ together:
Grow your Savings
Earn entries and stand a chance to win up to 1KG gold bars when you perform any of the following:
- Open a new HLB/HLISB account online or in-person and earn 5 entries to be in the running to win the Grand Prize.
- Deposit RM1,000 of fresh funds into your account. Earn 10 entries to be in the running to win the Grand Prize.
- Earn entries for the First Prize when you surprise loved ones with an e-Ang Pow via the HLB Connect mobile banking app.
Build Your Investment Portfolio
Start building your financial future with us and stand a chance to win an All-Electric MINI Cooper SE and over RM700,000 worth of attractive gifts and prizes such as a Thermomix TM6, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 through the Boost Your “ONG” contest.
Earn entries for the Boost Your “ONG” contest by starting your investment journey through either one or more of the following:
- Unit Trust accumulated investment amount of RM20,000
- For Priority Banking or Private banking customers – Build your ideal portfolio that fits your risk appetite and financial goals by investing accumulated investment amount of RM20,000 across HLB’s Unit Trust, ACEL, FRNID or Bond products.
- Multiply your investment power by accepting a minimum of RM300,000 Share Margin Financing loan facility
Power Up Your Business
Power your business with HLB and stand a chance to get rewarded with RM180,000 worth of Senheng vouchers when you:
- Open a new HLB PrimeBiz Current Account/-i a minimum deposit of RM500, and;
- Register for Hong Leong ConnectFirst and link it to your account or simply link your existing account to Hong Leong ConnectFirst. Every 8th account opened and linked to Hong Leong ConnectFirst stands a chance to win RM800 worth of Senheng vouchers (up to 200 winners).
- Increase your account balance with us every month from now until 30 Jun 2022 - The top 10 accounts with the highest % average monthly growth and get rewarded with up to RM2000 worth of Senheng vouchers.
In the spirit of ‘Stay Ong, Stay Strong’, HLB will be running a 12-part Health and Wealth Feng Shui Series with renowned authority on Chinese Metaphysics, Dato’ Joey Yap on the Bank’s official social media platforms of Facebook (www.facebook.com/HLBMalaysia) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/hongleongbankmy/). Dato’ Joey Yap will share insights for each Chinese zodiac – on the health and wealth of Malaysians for the new year, and what they can do to boost it. On top of that, the Bank is challenging Malaysians to share creative health and wealth tips and ideas this CNY to inspire each other to build a healthy lifestyle and solid financial foundation for the year ahead.
To also pay tribute to Malaysians who exemplified the importance of putting our differences aside and leveraging each other’s strengths to balance fortune and health during a challenging 2021, HLB released a CNY campaign video titled Ong Lai Tart.
“Throughout the pandemic, Malaysians have had to make trade-offs or sacrifices between financial and physical health, especially with the implementation of various lockdowns where businesses could not operate and many livelihoods came to a standstill to battle COVID-19. The most important lesson we can take away from the sisters in our CNY video is to come together and draw on each other’s strengths to overcome challenges and achieve success. In their case, it’s not just about combining skills to help their father sell pineapple tarts. It also about adapting as a sign of progress and moving forward to strike a balance for both financial and physical health. We need both of these virtues to work together to usher in the ‘Ong’ for a better and stronger future of shared abundance,” said Zalman Zainal, Chief Marketing and Communication Officer of HLB.
To watch the Ong Lai Tart story, please visit: https://youtu.be/CoC6YztDDA8
For more exciting ‘Stay Ong, Stay Strong’ promotions, please visit www.hlb.com.my/cny.