HLB launches ‘Suara-Suara Raya’ Campaign in Conjunction with Raya Celebrations
Hong Leong Bank HLB launches ‘Suara-Suara Raya’ Campaign in Conjunction with Raya Celebrations
The campaign aims to encourage Malaysians to plan ahead for a stronger financial future with more cashback, rewards and prizes
Kuala Lumpur, 5 May 2021 – With the month of Ramadan in full-swing and Malaysia prepping to celebrate a quiet Hari Raya as we continue to deal with the pandemic, Hong Leong Bank and Hong Leong Islamic Bank (“HLB” or “the Bank”) today announced the launch of its Hari Raya campaign, ‘Suara Suara Raya’ (Voices of Raya). This is part of the Bank’s effort to encourage Malaysians to make the most out of this Raya, starting with taking the important and right steps for a stronger financial future through rewards and incentives on key products.
With duit Raya being traditionally exchanged during this period, it is a good time to encourage Malaysians, especially the younger generation, to start saving and to start the journey towards financial security and independence. With our promotions we would like to incentivise and enable Malaysians to start financial planning towards a more positive and sustainable financial future.
Domenic Fuda, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of HLB shared, “As a community bank, we take an active interest in making a difference in the future of our customers and the communities we live in. We will always encourage Malaysians to take advantage of opportunities to either strengthen their financial position, or start planning to ensure a financially sound future. Hence, we are offering rewards and promos to encourage wealth building opportunities for customers, especially the youth and those who have yet to step towards planning for financial freedom beyond the pandemic.
Raya this year will once again be celebrated in a more modest manner as we observe the necessary public health guidelines. However, we believe that we can make the most out of Raya festivities by upholding its spirit of celebration, kindness and forgiveness which should always prevail no matter the situation. Hence, as part of our effort to give back to the community, and to bring some Raya cheer, we are playing a small part in helping revive the Malaysian busking community who are a big part of local culture.”
To bring the campaign to life, HLB has teamed up with some of Malaysia’s most talented buskers, who like much of the entertainment industry, have been severely affected during the pandemic. With street and public performances not allowed due to social and movement restrictions for the better part of the past year, many local artists, musicians and performers found their livelihoods disrupted. As such, the Bank will be helping this community to rediscover their ‘lost voices’ during Ramadan and Raya by organising the Suara Suara Raya live concert on Facebook Live on Friday, 21 May 2021.
For the Bank’s festive video, HLB has also collaborated with local buskers, including Maha Jefferey, Josh Thomas, Qiera, David Soh, Aidil and sisters Amirah Syamimie and Amirah Syamida for a special performance through a video called ‘Suara-Suara Raya’, that pays homage to a much-loved Raya tune, ‘Satu Hari di Hari Raya’ by M. Nasir.
Sharing the thought behind the ‘Suara-Suara Raya’ video, Zalman Zainal, Chief Marketing and Communication Officer of HLB said, “What is Raya without the melodious tunes of cheerful and evergreen Raya songs? The Raya spirit is not just embodied through family gatherings and food, but it’s also expressed through music.”
“The festive video produced in collaboration with our talented local buskers aims to share the Raya spirit. It is both an adaptation of a classic Raya song by putting a twist to the lyrics, resonating with the challenges we have endured over the past year. It may be our second Raya where we have to deal with the shadow of the pandemic, but together, we have to maintain a positive outlook and continue to make the best of the ongoing restrictions and overall situation and realise how far we have come and to look forward in anticipation of better days ahead,” added Zalman.
HLB’s eagerly-anticipated ‘Suara Suara Raya’ campaign will run from 27 April – 11 June 2021. The campaign features a guide on how to make the most of this year’s Raya celebration, covering topics for Raya prep that includes fashion, home décor and fitness. Most importantly, the Bank is giving exciting rewards and cashback across key products and services, which customers can easily access digitally via HLB Connect, the Bank’s online and mobile banking platform, to start taking steps towards financial sustainability.
Make the Most by Joining HLB this Raya
· Apply for a new CASA/-i (Pay&Save Account/i and Basic Savings Account/i) via Apply@HLB app to enjoy up to RM50 e-Duit Raya
· Get up to RM100 e-Duit Raya along with the chance to win an RM5,000 home school setup (laptop, table, chair) by applying for a 3-in-1 Junior Account/-i via HLB Connect Online
· Enjoy preferential Junior Fixed Deposit rates of 3.00% per annum for 6 months when you open a 3-in-1 Junior Account/-i
· Get up to 2,000 Shopee Coins to purchase your Raya goodies and clothes when you open a new HLB account at the HLB Official Store on Shopee
Grow Your Portfolio Together with HLB
· Get up to 2.50% per annum for 12 months and stand the chance to win up to RM 2,500 Duit Raya by placing your deposit in Term Investment Account-i
· Be the first 100 customers to receive a RM100 Lazada voucher with every approved disbursed financing amount of RM100,000 and above when you apply for ASB Financing-i
· Top up your investment in ASNB Variable Priced Funds via HLB Connect Online to enjoy up to RM130 Touch ‘n Go eWallet reload rewards
· Sign up for HLM Takaful Legacy to enjoy cash vouchers. Up to RM100,000 cash vouchers available.
· Enjoy special rates when you place your deposit in eFixed Deposit/-i and Fixed Deposit/-i
Reward Your Raya Spending with HLB
· Apply for a new HLB credit card and you can choose your preferred offer:
Offer 1: Apply, activate and spend with your new credit card to earn up to RM325 Cashback
Offer 2: Apply for a new HLB credit card and enjoy additional 2% per annum Fixed Deposit interest for 6 months
· Enjoy 20% rebate with your online purchases every weekend with partners ranging from Shopee, Nike, Zara, Uniqlo, Sephora, Jaya Grocer, Grabfood and many more!
More Exclusive Raya Promotions
· Get Personal Loan/Financing-i rates as low as 5% per annum when you apply online and as low as 3.60% per annum when you apply at the branch
· A total of RM 190,000 Cashback up for grabs when you send e-Duit Raya via HLB Connect App
· Pay Zakat Fitrah easily, anywhere via HLB Connect
To watch HLB’s rendition of the ‘Suara Suara Raya’ video, please visit https://www.youtube.com/HongLeongBankMalaysiaChannel
To find out more information on how you too can make the most of your Hari Raya with HLB, do visit our campaign page at www.hlb.com.my/raya