HONG LEONG DIGITAL DAY 2021: Multi-Currency Feature USD Campaign
Last updated on 28 June 2021
The Hong Leong Bank Berhad’s [193401000023 (97141-X)] (“HLB”) and Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad’s [200501009144 (686191-W)] (“HLISB”) (collectively referred to as “the Bank”) “HONG LEONG DIGITAL DAY 2021: Multi-Currency Feature USD Campaign” (“Campaign”) commences on 07 July 2021 00:00 hours (12:00 a.m.) and ends on 23:59 hours (11:59 p.m.) (“Campaign Period”).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to the Campaign (“T&Cs”):
1. The Campaign is open to all Hong Leong Pay&Save Account and Hong Leong Pay&Save Account-i customers who have activated the Multi-Currency Feature (“MCF”) via the HLB’s branches or HL Connect (“Customers”).
2. For the avoidance of doubt, MCF is only available for a MCF Enabled Account held by a single individual Accountholder.
The Hong Leong Pay&Save Account-i is a deposit account based on the Shariah principle of Tawarruq.
3. The following Customers shall NOT be eligible to participate in this Campaign:
(a) Customers who have committed or are suspected of committing any fraudulent, unlawful or wrongful acts in relation to any of the facilities granted by the Bank or have been declared bankrupt or are subject to any bankruptcy proceedings at any time prior to or during the Campaign Period; and
(b) Customers who are determined by the Bank to be potentially committing any of the wrongful acts stipulated herein.
4. This Campaign is NOT valid with any other on-going promotions offered by the Bank from time to time.
5. In order to participate in this Campaign, Customers are required to convert exactly Ringgit Malaysia Two Thousand (RM2,000) into US Dollars via MCF during the Campaign Period.
6. All Customers that meet the requirement mentioned under Clause 5 (“Eligible Customers”) will be entitled on a first-come, first-served basis to perform the currency conversion via MCF for US Dollars during the Campaign Period at a special rate (“MCF Special Rate”) for up to the first one hundred (100) Customers.
For the avoidance of doubt, the MCF Special Rate refers to an exclusive foreign exchange rate capped at US Dollar 1:3.70 Ringgit Malaysia that the first one hundred (100) Eligible Customers are entitled to when performing the foreign currency conversions via MCF during the Campaign period. The MCF Special Rate will only take affect no later than 15 September 2021 and will be allocated to the customer in the form of a Cashback in Ringgit Malaysia based on the difference of their initial placement rate minus the campaign fixed rate.
For explanation purposes only
– Illustrated rate on 07th July is RM4.13 to USD1 or RM1 to USD0.242
– Campaign rate is RM3.70 to USD1 or RM1 to USD0.27
Scenario: Customer A performs RM2,000 conversion to US Dollars via MCF on the 07 July 2021 @ 8.53 A.M.
1) Actual converted amount on 07 July 2021 (RM4.13 to USD1 or RM1 to USD0.242)
RM2,000 * 0.242 = USD484.26
Customer converts RM2,000 = USD484.26
2) Campaign rates (RM3.70 to USD1 or RM1 to USD0.27)
USD484.26 / 0.27 = RM1,793.56
Customer converts RM1,793.56 = USD484.26
3) Cashback (Actual converted amount – Campaign rates)
No later than 15 September 2021
Customer A receives RM2,000 – RM1,793.56 = RM206.44 cashback
Note: Reliability of Information – Information including but not limited to interest rates, foreign currency exchange rates, product information quoted or provided by the Bank on the MCF Special Rate are for indicative purposes only. The actual rate or price that shall apply for a particular transaction can only be determined at the time the relevant transaction is entered into.
7. No campaign entry form or registration of participation is required to participate in the Campaign. The Bank will track the Eligible Customers automatically at the end of the Campaign Period. However, the Eligible Customers will NOT be notified whether they have successfully qualified for the Reward. Eligible Customers that do not receive the Reward by 15 September 2021 are deemed not qualified for the Reward.
8. For the avoidance of doubt, each Eligible Customer is only entitled to maximum one (1) Reward throughout the Campaign Period irrespective of the total number of Participating CASA/CASA-i opened throughout the Campaign Period.
9. By participating in this Campaign, the Customers agree:
(a) to have read, understood and to be bound by the T&Cs herein and General Terms and Conditions of Accounts and Terms and Conditions of Tawarruq CASA-i (“CASA/CASA-i T&Cs”);
(b) that the Bank’s decision on all matters relating to the Campaign shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Eligible Customers;
(c) that the Reward is non-transferable to any third (3rd) party and non-exchangeable for up-front credit, cheque or benefit-in-kind; and
(d) to be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in the Campaign.
10. The Bank reserves the right:
(a) to add, delete, suspend or vary the T&Cs contained herein, either wholly or in part, by way of posting on the Bank’s Website with twenty-one (21) days’ prior notice, or in any other manner which the Bank deems practical;
(b) to disqualify any Customers to participate in the Campaign and/or be entitled to the Rewards; and
(c) to claw-back the funds in the event there is any detected fraud, breaches against the Campaign’s T&C or inactive accounts.
11. The T&Cs herein and the CASA/CASA-i T&Cs shall be read as an entire agreement. In the event of any discrepancy between the T&Cs herein and the CASA/CASA-i T&Cs, the specific T&Cs herein shall prevail to the extent of such discrepancy.
12. In the event of any discrepancies between these T&Cs as compared to the advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with this Campaign, the T&Cs on the Bank’s Website shall prevail.
13. The T&Cs herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Customers agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
14. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.
Deposit/Deposit-i Products are protected by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia up to RM250,000 for each depositor.
Terms & Conditions apply. Pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
HLB is a member of PIDM. Deposit/-i accounts are protected by PIDM up to RM250,000 for each depositor.