“Hong Leong Connect App National Day Campaign” (“Campaign”) is organised by Hong Leong Bank Berhad (“HLB”) and Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad (“HLISB”) (collectively, “the Bank”) which commences from 31 August 2017 00:00:00 (12:00am) to 3 September 2017 at 23:59:59 (11:59PM) (“Campaign Period”), both dates are inclusive unless otherwise notified.
Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”)
1. This Campaign is open to all existing Hong Leong Connect users with an active Hong Leong Current or Savings account/ Current account-i or Savings account-i (“CASA/ CASA-i”) (Hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Campaign Participants”).
2. To participate in this Campaign, the Eligible Campaign Participants must perform the following:
a) Download “Hong Leong Connect Malaysia” (“Connect App”) from Google PlayStore or AppStore,
b) Launch Connect App, and log in by using existing Connect Username and Password.
3. Each Eligible Campaign Participant only need to successfully log in once to the Connect App to enter the Campaign.
5. Eligible Campaign Participants are advised to check the compatibility of the operating system of their respective devices with the Connect App. For optimal experience, Eligible Campaign Participants are advised to register their mobile devices which support Android 4.1.2 and above or iOS 8 and above and the Bank shall not be responsible in the event that the Eligible Campaign Participants’ devices are unable to support the Connect App.
6. Prizes for the Campaign are as per table below.
No. of Winners
7. Each Eligible Campaign Participant is allowed to win one (1) RM60 Cash (“Cash Prize”) throughout the Campaign Period (“Winners”). Cash Prize is not transferable nor exchangeable and will only be given to Winners as verified by the Bank.
Selection of Winners
8. All shortlisted participants shall be randomly selected by the Bank’s randomiser programme from the group of Eligible Campaign Participants (“Shortlisted Participants”).
9. For the avoidance of doubt, the Shortlisted Participants are required to answer one (1) question correctly prior to the redemption/winning of the Cash Prize. Shortlisted Participants will be contacted by the fulfilment agent engaged by the Bank, Dynamic Search Sdn. Bhd. (136574-V) (‘’Dynamic Search’’) at the Shortlisted Participants’ latest mobile number(s) in the Bank’s record to answer the question, and it is essentially the obligation of the Eligible Campaign Participants to ensure that they register the accurate and latest mobile number(s) with the Bank and the Bank and/or Dynamic Search shall not be held responsible / liable for the inaccurate / outdated mobile number(s) provided by the Eligible Campaign Participants or in the event that the Bank and/or Dynamic Search is unable to contact the Shortlisted Participants for any reasons whatsoever.
10. The Winners must be the Bank’s customers. They shall be notified by the Bank by short message services (“SMS”) or in any other manner which the Bank deems practical (“Cash Prize Notification”) on a best effort basis at the mobile number provided by the Eligible Campaign Participants as captured by and reflected in the Bank’s system and/or records and it is the duty/obligation of the Eligible Campaign Participants to ensure that the mobile number provided are accurate.
11. The Cash Prize will be credited into the CASA/CASA-i maintained by the Winners with the Bank as determined by the Bank, within eight (8) weeks after the end of the Campaign Period (“Cash Prize Payment Period”). The Cash Prize Winners’ CASA/CASA-i must remain active and valid throughout the Campaign Period and until 30 October 2017, failing which, the Cash Prize shall be forfeited at the Bank’s absolute discretion.
12. It is essentially the obligations of the Winner to inform the Bank in the event of non receipt of the Cash Prize within 60 days after the end of the Cash Prize Payment Period, failing which the Winner is deemed to have received the Cash Prize and any appeal or request for the reimbursement of the Cash Prize shall not be entertained by the Bank.
Winners Selection & Notification
13. A maximum of two (2) attempts will be made by Dynamic Search to contact the Shortlisted Participants at any time from Monday to Friday between 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.. The Bank and/or Dynamic Search’s records of attempted calls to the Shortlisted Participants shall be conclusive on the matter.
14. In the event that Dynamic Search is unable to contact the Shortlisted Participants after two (2) attempts, the Shortlisted Participants shall be disqualified from the Campaign and shall lose the chance to win the Cash Prize.
15. By participating in this Campaign, the Eligible Campaign Participants:
a. confirm that they have read the T&Cs herein and agree to be bound by the same;
b. agree that Bank’s decision on all matters relating to the Campaign (i.e Hong Leong Connect App National Day Campaign) shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Eligible Campaign Participants and no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute Bank’s decision shall be entertained;
c. consent to and authorise the Bank to disclose their personal data i.e. contact numbers to the service provider (i.e. Dynamic Search) as the Bank deems fit for the purpose of this Campaign;
d. agree that the results of the Cash Prize for Campaign as recorded by the Bank are final, conclusive and binding on the Eligible Campaign Participants and,
e. agree that the Cash Prize are not transferable to a third party, cannot be exchanged into credits, cheque or in kinds.
16. The Bank reserves the right to:
a. add, delete or amend the T&Cs herein, wholly or in part, or to suspend or terminate this Campaign at its absolute discretion, giving prior notice to the Eligible Campaign Participants by way of sending SMS, on such addition, deletion or amendment of the said T&Cs or suspension or termination of this Campaign,
b. forfeit the Cash Prize in the event that there is non-compliance with the T&Cs herein; and disqualify any Eligible Campaign Participants from participating in this Campaign and/or from receiving the Cash Prize,
c. forfeit the Cash Prize and disqualify any Eligible Campaign Participants from participating in this Campaign and/or from receiving the Cash Prize in the event of the occurance of the following events:
(i) the Connect Account of the Eligible Campaign Participant have become dormant, locked, blocked, suspended or inactive during the Campaign Period,
(ii) the Eligible Campaign Participants have committed or are suspected of committing any fraudulent, unlawful or wrongful acts in relation to any of the facilities granted by the Bank or have been declared bankrupt (pursuant to a petition by either banks or by any third party) or are subject to any bankruptcy proceedings at any time during the Campaign Period.
17. The T&Cs herein are to be read together with the Terms and Conditions for Connect and the General Terms and Conditions of Accounts as an entire agreement. In the event of discrepancy, the T&Cs herein shall prevail to the extent of such discrepancy.
18. The T&Cs herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Eligible Campaign Participants agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
19. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.