Terms and Conditions
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to the Contest (“T&Cs”):-
1. This Contest is open to all Malaysian individuals irrespective of whether they are customers of the Bank or otherwise (“Participants”).
2. The following persons are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest:
Permanent and contract employees of Hong Leong Group (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their respective immediate family members (e.g. spouse, children, parent, brother or sister).
3. In order to be eligible for this Contest, all requirements must be fulfilled in accordance with the Contest Mechanics below.
4. To participate in the Contest, the Participants must first become a fan of HLB’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HLBMalaysia (“HLB’s Facebook Page”) and HLB’s Instagram page at www.instagram.com/hongleongbankmy (“HLB’s Instagram Page”). To become a fan of the HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram Page, the Participants have to click “Like” on HLB’s Facebook Page and “Follow” HLB’s Instagram Page. No registration is required.
CONTEST A - Home Is Where The Ong Is
5. The Participants are required to upload a picture of how they are transforming their home for the Chinese New Year celebrations and must include any object in red color on their own Facebook or Instagram feed during the Contest Period. Participants are also required to tag Hong Leong Bank (FB: @HLBMalaysia | IG: @hongleongbankmy) and 3 of their friends together with the hashtag #HLBStayOngStayStrong #HLBHomeIsWhereTheOngIs . Uploaded photo posts must have its visibility set to “Public”.
CONTEST B - The ONG Way To Success
6. The Participants are required to complete the sentence and tell us how they’ll achieve their ONG (wealth) related goals in 30 words or less in either English or Mandarin. Participants are required to submit their answer in the comment box of the contest post on HLB’s Facebook Page and/or HLB’s Instagram Page (“Contest Post”) and tag 3 friends together with the hashtag #HLBStayOngStayStrong #HLBONGWayToSuccess (hashtags not included in the word count) during the Contest Period .
CONTEST C - Ong & Strong Poems
7. The Participants are required to express Ong (Wealth) & Strong (Health) in 2 liners in the comment box of the Contest Post and tag 3 friends together with the hashtag #HLBStayOngStayStrong #HLBOng&StrongPoems (hashtags not included in the word count) during Contest Period. Each submission must have 1 Ong & 1 Strong liner, not exceeding 20 words for each in either English or Mandarin.
CONTEST D - Flavours of Ong and Strong
8. The Participants are required to snap a photo of their Yee Sang with Ong (Wealth) & Strong (Health) elements. For example, pineapples for Ong, and vegetables for Strong. The photo must be uploaded on their own Facebook or Instagram feed with a caption explaining how the Ong & Strong elements are used. Participants are also required to tag Hong Leong Bank (FB: @HLBMalaysia | IG: @hongleongbankmy) and 3 friends together with the hashtag #HLBStayOngStayStrong #HLBFlavoursOfOngAndStrong. Uploaded photo posts must have its visibility set to “Public”.
CONTEST E - Spot the Ong
9. The Participants are required to count how many pineapple tarts appear in the Contest Post. Submit the answer in the comment box of the Contest Post and tag 3 friends together with hashtag #HLBStayOngStayStrong #HLBSpotTheOng in their entry.
CONTEST F - Strong Form, Big Ong
10. The Participants are required to upload a photo of them doing a fitness move with a mandarin orange on their head and upload it to their own Facebook or Instagram feed. Participants are also required to tag Hong Leong Bank (FB: @HLBMalaysia | IG: @hongleongbankmy) and 3 friends together with the hashtag #HLBStayOngStayStrong #HLBStrongFormBigOng. Uploaded photo posts must have its visibility set to “Public”.
11. The Participants are allowed to submit more than one (1) contest entry throughout the Contest Period to improve their chances of winning.
12. HLB reserves the right to disqualify and/or delete any contest entry containing nudity, vulgarity, obscenity, racist sentiments, profanity, violence or any other elements deemed inappropriate by HLB (including but not limited to infringement of any third party intellectual property rights). HLB shall not be responsible for any such contest entry disqualified and/or deleted or in the event any contest entry is unsuccessfully posted due to technical or internet connection issues or for any other reason whatsoever.
Prize Selection and Fulfilment
13. The contest prize is a RM100 e-Angpow (“Contest Prize”) and there are a total of 60 (Sixty) Contest Prizes to be given out in this Contest. For the avoidance of doubt, ten (10) Contest Prizes will be allocated for each contest respectively.
14. Each Participant is entitled to win only one (1) Contest Prize in this Contest. For the avoidance of doubt, the Participants may submit entries on both Instagram and Facebook for the same contest but will only be entitled to win one Contest Prize (if selected as a Winner for that contest).
15. The contest entries will be selected by HLB randomly. The Participants of the selected contest entries who have fulfilled the requirements in Clause 4 and Clauses 5 to 10 (as applicable) above shall be eligible to be selected as a winner (“Winners”).
15. The Winners will be notified by HLB within fourteen (14) days after the end of the Contest Period (“Notification”) via a Facebook comment reply to the respective Participants’ Contest Entry posting or via Instagram direct message (as applicable).
17. The Winners are required to send an e-mail to email@example.com with their personal details as follows within five (5) days from the date of the Notification:
(a) Full name as per National Registration Identity Card (“NRIC”);
(b) NRIC number;
(c) Mobile Number;
(d) Email Address;
(e) FB Username or IG Handle; and
(f) Hong Leong Bank Account Number or Hong Leong Bank Islamic Account Number in their own name, if any.
18. All information collected by HLB under the Contest will be used for the purpose of the Contest Prizes fulfillment only.
19. If the Winners fail to email to HLB all the required details within the timeframe as specified in Clause 17 above, the Winners shall be disqualified from the Contest and shall not be entitled to the Contest Prizes.
20. The Contest Prize will be credited into the Current Account or Savings Account/Current Account-i or Savings Account-i (“CASA/CASA-i”) maintained by the Winners with HLB or Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad (“HLISB”), as determined by HLB, within eight (8) weeks after the end of the Campaign Period. The Winners’ CASA/CASA-i must remain active and valid throughout the Contest Period and until 30 April 2022, failing which, the Contest Prize may be forfeited at HLB’s absolute discretion.
21. The Winners who do not have CASA/CASA-i with HLB/HLISB will be required to open a CASA/CASA-i at their preferred HLB branch or via the Apply@HLB app and email their CASA/CASA-i number to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2022, failing which, the Contest Prize will be forfeited.
22. The announcement of the Winners will be posted on HLB’s Facebook Page and HLB’s Instagram age within four (4) weeks from the end of the Contest Period.
23. For the avoidance of doubt, HLB reserves the right to determine the Winners and any dispute(s) pertaining to HLB’s decision shall not be entertained. The Contest Prizes are not transferable and non-exchangeable for cheque or in kind.
24. It is the obligation of the Winners to inform HLB in writing in the event of non-receipt of the Contest Prizes by 30 April 2022, failing which the Winners are deemed to have received the Contest Prizes and any appeal/request for the reimbursement of the Contest Prizes thereafter shall not be entertained.
25. HLB reserves the rights to replace the Contest Prizes with any other item of equal value at its discretion.
26. By participating in the Contest, the Participants agree:
a) to have read, understood, accepted and agree tobe bound by the T&Cs herein;
b) that HLB’s decision on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final, conclusive and binding on all Participants and no further correspondence and/or appeal to dispute HLB’s decision shall be entertained;
c) to authorise and consent to the Bank’s usage, disclosure or publication of their FB username or IG Handle and Contest Entries at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media;
d) to access the HLB’s campaign website at https://www.hlb.com.my/hlbongandstrongcontest (“Campaign Website”) at regular intervals to view the T&Cs of the Contest and ensure to be kept up-to-date on any changes or variations to the T&Cs; and
e) to be liable and shall personally bear all applicable taxes, government fees or any other charges that may be levied against them under applicable laws, if any, in relation to their participation in the Contest.
27. HLB reserves the right:
a. to add, delete, suspend or vary the T&Cs contained herein, either wholly or in part, or to terminate the Campaign at HLB’s discretion by way of posting on HLB’s Facebook Page and/or HLB’s Instagram Page or in any manner deemed suitable by the Bank, at any time with notice;
b. to disqualify any Participants for any reason whatsoever as HLB may deem fit to participate in the Contest without assigning any reason thereof; and
c. to use the FB username or IG Handle and Contest Entries (i.e. photos and posting copy) of the Participants at no cost for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media.
28. In the event of any discrepancy between the T&Cs herein as compared to the advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, the final T&Cs on the Campaign Website shall prevail.
29. The T&Cs herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
30. Words denoting one gender include all other genders and words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.
If you have any enquiries regarding the T&Cs, please email us at email@example.com or call 03-76268899