HERE’S A CHECKLIST OF INFORMATION CUSTOMERS SHOULD HAVE IN HAND FOR SWIFTER ACTION:
1. Brief description of scam incident, including date and time
2. Financial loss (RM)
3. Customer’s key details:
a. Full name, MyKad no., phone no.
b. Alternative contact number, e-mail address (if any)
c. Bank account number
4. Key details of the scammer:
a. Bank account details of scammer/mule: Bank name, Bank account number, Name of account owner
b. Transaction details: Amount (RM), date, time
c. Scammer’s name and contact number
WHAT CAN CUSTOMERS EXPECT AFTER REPORTING TO THE BANK OR NSRC:
1. If you have reported the case to the Bank or the NSRC, please file a police report at the nearest police station as soon as possible.
2. After filing a police report, the PDRM investigation officer assigned to your case will provide their phone number to be contacted. Investigating officers may contact you for more information to help law enforcement agencies take action against criminals. For example:
- Transaction receipt
- Website address (URL) shared by scammers
- Communication with criminals (eg call logs, emails, conversations via SMS / WhatsApp / Telegram / WeChat / e-commerce / other platforms)
3. You can follow up on your case by:
- Checking the status of your police report online via https://sso.rmp.gov.my; or
- Contact the PDRM investigation officer assigned to your case
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CUSTOMERS:
- Please make a police report at any police station as soon as possible within 24 hours. This will enable investigation by the authorities into your case.
- If your account at HLB has been compromised, please also contact your other banks as soon as possible to protect and secure your other accounts, including changing passwords, freezing bank cards or temporarily blocking the accounts.
- The NSRC, the police or the Bank will never ask for your personal banking information such as username, password, PIN number, TAC or OTP. If you receive such request, please hang up and contact HLB Contact Centre immediately.