Q: Do I have to trade with specific brokerage firms?
A: Yes. Hong Leong Bank Berhad has a list of panel broking firms to select from. You can continue to use your present remisier as long as the stock broking firm that he/she is attached to is on our panel of stockbrokers.
Q: How do I qualify for the SMF Loan Application?
A: Hong Leong Bank Berhad will evaluate each loan application based on its merits and demerits. Generally, the approval is based on applicants' personal resources, repayment capabilities, past payment patterns, legislative, collateral to be pledged and Hong Leong Bank Berhad's requirements.
Q: What documents do I need to submit to Hong Leong Bank Berhad?
A: Applicants are required to furnish the following documents:
SMF Application Form
- Fully completed Asset Financing Application Form
- Customer Information Form (CIF Form)
- Copy of NRIC (front and back)
- Latest 2 yrs complete set of income tax with tax return (eg: B/ BE) OR Latest 2 yrs of EA form for PLC / MNC / GLC employee OR Latest 3 month salary slip with latest 3 months bank statement / EPF statement on the salary / PCB crediting
- Tenancy agreement, latest utilities bill which show applicant name & latest 3 months bank statement which show the rental crediting. (if any)
- MCD Statement / Online Shares Portfolio (if any)
- Additional income documents / information (if required)
Corporate (Investment Holding Company only)
SMF Application Form
- Pure Investment holding company (no commercial operating / trading activities)
- Company with RM 2.00 paid up capital is not acceptable
- All Directors’ must be become personal guarantee
- Fully completed AFS Application Form
- Consent for Disclosure of Credit Info Form (Appendix II) - Directors
- Customer Information Form – Entity / Company
- Customer Information Form - Directors; each copy
- Declaration of UBO
- Memorandum & Article of Association
- Form 9, 24, 44, 49 & annual return
- Latest 2 years audited accounts
- Latest 3 months company bank statement
- NRIC of directors and guarantor
- Guarantor’ income evidences (eg: EA form / Borang B / 3 months bank statement & etc)
- Latest Margin Statement (if any)
- Latest MCD statement (if any)
- Additional income doc / info (if required)
Documents required after approval:
- Company board Resolution (after approval)
- Form 34 & 40 (after approval)
Q: How long is the approval valid for?
A: Approval is valid for 14 days. However, Hong Leong Bank Berhad reserves the rights to withdraw the loan approval and / or to vary the loan terms and conditions without prior notice.
Q: How do I make my monthly payments?
A: There are no fixed repayments as long as your margin does not breach the approved limit and approved margin of financing.
Q: Is there any credit limit for SMF application?
A: The minimum loan size is RM 50K per customer, whilst the maximum is subject Management approval.