How To Send Money
Step 1 : Go to the nearest Hong Leong Bank branches and fill out the SEND MONEY form.
Step 2 : Present the completed form along with the money you wish to send, the transfer fee and your identification document as required.
Step 3 : Sign and keep the receipt after verifying that all the details on it are correct.
Step 4 : Inform your receiver the following for money pick up.
- The sender's full name (as written on the Send Money form)
- The country from where the money was sent
- The amount that was sent and the currency
- The Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
- Receiver must bring valid identification
Do not disclose your transaction details including MTCN to anyone other than your receiver.
Within minutes*, your funds will be available for payout to the named receiver at any Western Union Agent locations.
* Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options.
How To Receive Money
Step 1 : Go to your nearest Hong Leong Bank branches, fill out the RECEIVE MONEY form with full details of Sender Name, amount expected, sending country and 10-digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
Step 2 : Present the completed form along with your identification document as required.
Step 3 : Collect your money and receipt.
My WUSM membership
More than a loyalty program
My WUSM membership unlocks a world of Western Union products and services that help you move money for better. From personalised care to exciting rewards, My WU number gives you more every time you use it.
About My WUSM
When you are at Hong Leong Bank branches or calling Western Union Customer Service Centre, My WUSM number gives you easier access to all the products and services. My WUSM membership gives you all this:
- Convenient and faster transactions
- Free SMS payout notifications
- Online access to transaction history
- Dedicated customer call center
Being a My WUSM member, not only you'll experience convenient and faster transactions, you'll immediately start earning My WU points for future savings. And the more you use My WU number, the more you get back.
To find out more, click here.
How to get My WUSM points
RM1 transfer fee paid = 1 My WU point
Accumulate your My WUSM points and start redeeming/saving against your next transaction transfer fee
How to redeem using My WUSM points
- Earning and accumulating of points is based on the transfer fee paid according to the amount sent. For example, if you paid RM10.00 transfer fee, you'll earn 10 My WU points
- You are not allowed to earn and redeem your points within the same transaction
- You can only redeem your points for the next transaction and if you have accumulate enough points according to the level set forth below:
|Level||Minimum Points||Value Savings against Transfer Fee (RM)|
- To redeem your points, kindly visit www.westernunion.com.my to create your online profile or call 1-800-813-399
- Points earning is effective from 14 August 2013 and all points earned are valid for 1 year from the start date of accumulation
- My WUSM Rewards Program & points expiry is subject to review or change from time to time. Terms and Conditions apply where applicable
Gold has evolved to My WUSM
If you're a Gold Card holder, you'll automatically become a My WUSM member with immediate access to all the My WUSM benefits.
There's nothing you need to do. Your Gold benefits as per below will be transferred to your My WUSM member profile.
- Member information
- Transaction history
You'll keep the same 9-digit number, which will be your unique My WU identifier across all Western Union® products and channels. You don't need to request a new card. You can continue to present your Gold Card or simply use the number when transacting at Hong Leong Bank branches or on the phone.