These may interest you
Features & Benefits
Multiply Your Investment Power
- Up to 2.5 times trading limit.
- Need not sell existing investments or withdraw existing deposits
- Cash / Fixed Deposits pledged to Hong Leong Bank.
- Acceptable quoted shares on Bursa Malaysia.
- Selected Unit Trust funds distributed by Hong Leong Bank
High Margin of Financing
Up to 60% margin of financing
- Up to a maximum of 2.5 times against Cash / Fixed Deposits.
- Up to a maximum of 1.5 times against Shares / Unit Trusts
- Individuals aged between 18 to 70
- Malaysian or non-Malaysian with Permanent Residency, and stay more than 182 days per calendar year in Malaysia
Click here for the non-exhaustive list of fees and charges, or visit any of our branches for further information.
With the volatility of the stock market and not knowing when the next market boom will hit, you would need to have a ready pool of financial resources at your immediate disposal to further invest in opportunities as they roll along.
Our Share Margin Financing(SMF) packages are competitively bundled to give you the best combination of financial assistance to help you leverage on your investment portfolios and make the best out of it.
Below are the benefits that you derive when you sign up with us:
- Investment Power is Multiplied
SMF loan is the only facility that gives you a higher leverage to trade shares
- Non-liquidation of Assets
Existing assets do not need to be liquidated to raise capital for shares trading. Thus, it increases clients' holding powers
- Flexible Repayment
No fixed repayment is required provided there is no Margin Call. Interest on outstanding balance is capitalized on a monthly basis.
- Cash Drawdown
- Hassle-Free Settlement
- Extensive List of Panel Brokerage Firms
Q: Do I have to trade with specific brokerage firms?
A: Yes. Hong Leong Bank has a list of brokerage firms. You can continue to use your present remisier as long as the brokerage firm that he/she is attached to is on our panel.
Q: How do I qualify for the SMF Loan Application?
A: Hong Leong Bank will evaluate each loan application based on its merits and demerits. Generally, the approval is based on applicants’ personal resources, repayment capabilities, past payment patterns, legislative, collateral to be pledged and Hong Leong Bank’s requirements.
Q: What are the collaterals that Hong Leong Bank accepts?
A: Hong Leong Bank accepts collateral in the form of :-
- Cash / Fixed Deposits pledged to Hong Leong Bank
- Acceptable quoted shares on Bursa Malaysia
- Unit Trust funds managed by HLGUT
Q: What documents do I need to submit to Hong Leong Bank?
A: Applicants are required to furnish the following documents:
- SMF Application Form
- Photocopy of NRIC
- Latest Form BE / Income Tax Assessment
- Salary slips (3 months)
- Banks statements (3 months)
- CDS Statement (if initial collateral is quoted shares)
- Unit Trust Statement (if initial collateral is unit trusts)
Corporate (Investment Holding Company only)
- SMF Application Form
- Business Registration
- Memorandum and Articles
- Form 9, 24, 44 & 49 and Annual Returns
- Audited Financial Statement
- Bank Statements (3 months)
- Company Profile
- Company Resolution (Stating the authorized personnel to trade on behalf of the company)
Q: How long is the approval valid for?
A: Approval is valid for 14 days. However, Hong Leong Bank reserves the rights to withdraw the loan approval and / or to vary the loan terms and conditions without prior notice.
Q: How do I make my monthly payments?
A:There are no fixed repayments as long as your margin does not breach the approved margin limit.
Q: Is there any credit limit for SMF application?
A:Yes, the minimum credit limit you may apply is RM50,000 while the maximum is RM5,000,000 per customer.
Call your nearest SMF Sales Centre below:-
Alternatively, please email us at:- email@example.com
Customer Service Centre: