Q: What are the key benefits of Hong Leong Cross Border ATM Services?
A: - Hong Leong Cross Border ATM Services provides you with the convenience of withdrawing cash from your Hong Leong current or savings account at participating banks’ ATMs in Indonesia, Korea, Singapore and Thailand.
- The total charges are more competitive compared to Credit Card Cash Advances at such ATMs.
Q: How does one apply to use Hong Leong Cross Border ATM Services?
A: - It’s simple. Apply for a Hong Leong ATM card at any Hong Leong Bank branch if you do not already have one.
- Remember to activate the service at any Hong Leong Bank ATM before you travel abroad.
Q: What are the steps required to activate the ATM card?
Activation via ATM:
1. Go to the nearest Hong Leong Bank ATM.
2. Insert ATM Card, choose your language and enter your ATM PIN
3. Select “Others” at Main Menu
4. Select “Next Screen” at the Sub-Menu
5. Select “Overseas Facility”
6. Select “Activate”
7. Enter the starting date to activate this feature
8. Enter the ending date to stop this feature
9. Retrieve ATM card & receipt.
Activation via Hong Leong Online:
In the Hong Leong online menu, select "Service Request" and "Inter Country ATM Service”. Key in your ATM / Debit Card number and click "Submit" button. Then select "Activate" and the date range that you prefer and click the "Submit" button.
Q: How long does the activation takes?
A: The service is effective immediately upon activation.
Q: Is there a need to reactivate the service subsequently once activated for the first time?
A: The service will be deactivated on the expiry date (ending date keyed in during activation of the service). Reactivation of the service at any Hong Leong Bank ATM is required if you intend to use the service again after the expiry date.
Q: Is there a fee incurred for using Hong Leong Cross Border ATM?
A: For every cash withdrawal transaction performed at the ATM overseas, a nominal fee of RM8-00 is charged.
Q: Can the Hong Leong ATM card be used at anywhere in the world?
A: - At present, Hong Leong ATM card can only be used at participating banks’ ATMs in Indonesia, Korea, Singapore and Thailand.
- Look out for the “MEPS” logo displayed at the participating banks’ ATMs.
Q: Is Hong Leong Cross Border ATM services available in China?
A: The service will be made available at participating banks’ ATMs in China in the near future.
Q: Is the service available for incoming travelers from abroad?
A: Yes, travellers coming to Malaysia from Indonesia, Korea, Singapore, Thailand and China carrying participating banks’ ATM cards from their country of origin will be able to withdraw Ringgit from any Hong Leong Bank ATM.