Q: Who is eligible to apply for a Hong Leong Credit Card?
- Principal card applicants must be at least 21 years old & above while supplementary card applicants must be at least 18 years old & above
- Applicant must have a minimum annual income of RM24,000 for the Classic Card, I'm Card and Gold Card except Gold Card for Essential, ACCCIM, Kurnia and AMEX required RM30,000. Platinum and Platinum Business Credit Card, minimum annual income requirement of RM60,000 and AMEX Platinum is RM80,000.
- Applicable to new applicants only, that is, those who do not own a Hong Leong Credit Card
- Must have an e-mail address (for correspondence purposes)
Note: In line with the issuance of the revised Credit Card Guidelines on 18 March 2011, the minimum income eligibility for new credit cardholder is set at RM24,000 per annum. Credit cardholders who earn RM36,000 per annum or less can only hold credit cards from a maximum of two (2) issuers. In addition, the maximum credit limit extended to the credit cardholder shall not exceed 2 times of their monthly income per issuer.
Q: If I am a first-time Hong Leong Credit Card applicant, can I submit my application online?
A: Yes, you can!
Q: Do I have to complete my online applications at one go?
A: No, you don't have to.Instead, you may choose to do so in parts but please remember to continue from your existing form by logging onto the 'Continue Application / Check Status' screen at the homepage (You are required to remember the Username & password that you'd keyed-in earlier on).
Q: If I am an existing Hong Leong Credit Card holder, can I apply online for an additional / supplementary card?
A: No. but we have a simplified online form where you can fill in, print and send your application to us.
Q: How soon can I know my application status?
A: You may log on to our website to check your application status within 30 seconds upon submission of your online application to us. Please note that response time will vary according to your Internet connection speed and the number of simultaneous applications being submitted to us at the same time.
Q: How do I check my application status online?
A: You may log on to www.hlb.com.my and click on the 'Check Loan Application Status' button to check on the status of your online application.
Q: Is it secure to apply for a Hong Leong Credit Card online?
A: Yes! Our website is encrypted with the Secure Socket Layer (SSL).Hence, all data communicated within the system is secure and protected from unauthorized usage.
Q: What supporting documents do I have to submit together with my online application?
- You need to provide us the below documents if your application has been approved in principle
- Photostat copy of your NRIC (both sides) or Passport for non-Malaysians (including supplementary applicant's), and
- Latest Form B and tax payment receipt, or
- Latest 2 months' salary slip or letter from employer confirming length of service, income and position held, and
- Latest EPF Statement, and / or
- Business Registration certificate form 9/24/49 if self-employed
Please fax to:
Hong Leong Contact Center (Online Credit Card Application)
Fax No. : 03-79468888
Q: How long does it take for Hong Leong Bank to process my application?
A: Hong Leong Bank requires approximately 7 working days upon receiving the required supporting documents to complete the evaluation of your application. Notification on the status of your application will be informed to you via mail.
Q: How do I get my new Hong Leong Credit Card?
A: All cards have to be collected PERSONALLY from your nominated Hong Leong Bank branches nationwide.
Q: Can I send in a proxy or a representative to collect my new Hong Leong Credit Card on my behalf?
A: No. We need you to be present to sign the special Signature Form when you collect your card. For security reasons, your card will not be activated until you have signed the Signature Form.
Q: How soon can I collect my new Hong Leong Credit Card?
A: Approximately 3 working days within Klang Valley and 5 working days outside Klang Valley upon receiving our notification letter.
Q: Do I have to bring along any documents when collecting my new Hong Leong Credit Card?
A: Yes. You are required to bring along the original copies of your letter of approval and I.C. (Original).